RnR Hall of Fame nominees 2011

BenMech

student of the d'eh
According to NYTimes.com, ALICE COOPER, BON JOVI are among the 15 artists nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011. Other acts on the list include: THE BEASTIE BOYS, NEIL DIAMOND, DONOVAN, TOM WAITS, LL COOL J, CHIC, DR. JOHN, J. GEILS BAND, DARLENE LOVE, LAURO NYRO, DONNA SUMMER, JOE TEX and CHUCK WILLIS

These are the first nominations for Bon Jovi, Donovan, Alice Cooper, Dr. John and Mr. Diamond; some of the others, including Chic, Donna Summer and Darlene Love, have been nominated numerous times but never made the final cut.

The inductees will be announced in December, and the 26th annual induction ceremony will be held on March 14 at the Waldorf-Astoria in Manhattan. Artists become eligible for nomination 25 years after the release of their first single or album, and the awards are voted on by more than 500 music professionals.

Notable omissions this year include KISS, YES, and of course RUSH!

I figured someone was gonna post this. Outside of Cooper, an awful list. I'm actually quite shocked they nominated him to be perfectly honest. They really just need to rename this to the popular music hall of fame.

Who cares? Good musicians will keeping making good music whether or not they are inducted.

That sad excuse for an institution should be renamed the "POP Hall of Fame" or the "Smithsonian of POP Music". True Rock n Roll fans should be ashamed of themselves if they place any amount of significance into its existence.

Alice Cooper?? Sure, from an image perspective he is influential, but musically?

Are Pink Floyd in?

Also, what about Deep Purple? I agree 100% on Rush too, of course.

Yeah, and while I love KISS, I mean they are more about culture than music, so they should be in long before the Coop (no offense to the Coop).

Eh, whatever. Not sure why I ever bother to discuss this.

Alice Cooper, Rush, Kiss, Deep Purple, Moody Blues. These are just some of the bands that Jan Wenner doesn't care about, therefore they haven't been inducted.
You know, got to make room for Run DMC, Madonna and ABBA.

Alice Cooper?? Sure, from an image perspective he is influential, but musically?

Are Pink Floyd in?

Also, what about Deep Purple? I agree 100% on Rush too, of course.

Yeah, and while I love KISS, I mean they are more about culture than music, so they should be in long before the Coop (no offense to the Coop).

Eh, whatever. Not sure why I ever bother to discuss this.

I HIGHLY disagree with you on this. Yeah, Alice Cooper is the main pioneer of shock and theatrical rock and has a huge influence on image and performance, but he has written a shitload of good rock songs through the years. Alice was around much earlier than Kiss and Kiss honestly wouldn't be Kiss if it weren't for him. They do deserve to get in too though as love them or hate them they too have put together an awesome catalog of songs. I'm actually surprised they weren't nominated since they were nominated but snubbed last year.

Just checked. Pink Floyd was inducted in 1996.

Deep Purple should for sure.

What a flippin joke. LL Cool J, Chic and Donna Summer have about as much to do with Rock n Roll as Bach or Beethoven. Who ever nominates these band should have their rock card taken away.

He's pretty much the grandfather of all glam rock. For that alone he should be in the HoF.

It looks like the RRHoF throws us a bone occasionally while adding more lackluster candidates. LL Cool J, Donna Summer and Chic have no business being on a list like this.

He's pretty much the grandfather of all glam rock. For that alone he should be in the HoF.

It looks like the RRHoF throws us a bone occasionally while adding more lackluster candidates. LL Cool J, Donna Summer and Chic have no business being on a list like this.

Can't say that yet. He hasn't been inducted. Remember, Kiss was nominated last year and then they were denied. I believe it happened a couple of times to Sabbath as well if I'm not mistaken.

And Rush has never been so much as nominated. What a fucking travesty.

Them and Yes I just don't get why they haven't been nominated. Deep Purple too. Like I said before, I just wish they'd rename the damn thing. If they did that I probably wouldn't be so pissed about it. More than anything though, what really gets me is that Metallica got in before Maiden or Priest. :puke: At least Sabbath got in before them though.

Genesis didn't get in for Selling English by the Pound. I cannot care about what some people think is a worthy band. They don't change what these bands did.