Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the (other) new Queensryche

OK, I've heard the whole thing. Here's the initial verdict...

DECENT TO GOOD:
Cold
In The Hands of God
Life Without You
Everything
Fallen (good verses, weak chorus)
The Weight Of The Workd

SUCK:
Dare
Give It To You
Slave
Running Backwards
Re-Records

I don't know what it is about front-loading the albums with the worst songs while putting good ones at the end, but GT is becoming a master at it. The last few Ryche's were that way, as was his K&T album. Re-records aside (ugh) the second half of the album is actually, surprisingly, cool.

OK, I've heard the whole thing. Here's the initial verdict...

DECENT TO GOOD:
Cold
In The Hands of God
Life Without You
Everything
Fallen (good verses, weak chorus)
The Weight Of The Workd

SUCK:
Dare
Give It To You
Slave
Running Backwards
Re-Records

I don't know what it is about front-loading the albums with the worst songs while putting good ones at the end, but GT is becoming a master at it. The last few Ryche's were that way, as was his K&T album. Re-records aside (ugh) the second half of the album is actually, surprisingly, cool.

I have to disagree..I listened to the whole album too when it was streaming for free on sound cloud. I found the mix to be horrible, the songs, aside from a few good riffs here and there, sound like they were thrown together and uninspired. Geoff's vocals were the weakest part of the album. The re-recorded classics are an abomination. The only song I thought was halfway decent was In the Hands of God, but even that one got boring midway through the song. It's pretty sad that the new Pamela Moore song rocks harder than anything on F.U.! Looking forward to what ToddRyche has to offer on June 11th!

The album is very weak, but I actually think "Give It To You" (retitled "When Lightning Strikes" on the remix album) and "Slave" are the 2 best songs on the album. But that's not saying much.

yeah enter this contest to show how much you hate his new album and if you win, you get to go see Tateryche in person? Sounds like a lose lose to me :zombie:

Bear

My favorite part about Tate's newest stunt is that folks aren't allowed to refer to any past Queensryche albums when making a scathing review. Doesn't that rule, coupled with the fact that Taintryche isn't playing any of this new material while on tour, pretty much say it all?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Popoff must been drinking a $5 bottle of Popov.... Just saying.

Then again, maybe he's being ironic. Maybe he knows Tate is pretending to release a serious record, so in return, he is pretending to write a serious review.