Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the (other) new Queensryche

Insanity.

The most hilarious comment of that 8 out of 10 review is this

"but actually quite creative down a Rage For Order path, specifically."

Frequency Unknown, creative like Rage For Order??? Now that's funny....Rage for Order(in my opinion) is an absolute masterpiece...

It looks like ProgMuse and The Metal Madman both made the initial clip of Tate watching the video submissions for that weird contest....

http://www.bravewords.com/news/203827

The Geoff Tate-fronted QUEENSRŸCHE recently launched a contest here in tandem with the release of their new album, Frequency Unknown, which was issued on April 23rd:

"Do you really hate Frequency Unknown, the new album from the Geoff Tate-fronted version of Queensrÿche? Have you already blogged about it online? Well, metal geeks, if you've got the balls to stand behind your opinion, then here is the contest for you.

Stop hiding behind your computer keyboards and smart phones and show Tate and his record label, Deadline Music/Cleopatra Records, how much you hate Frequency Unknown by submitting your video rant to them via YouTube video. Start by giving them your real name on camera and proceed to rant away. Geoff Tate will film himself choosing the best video rant and will post online for your enjoyment. The winner will receive an all-expenses paid trip to Seattle, Washington to see Queensrÿche in their hometown on June 29th, along with VIP special guest seating, meet-and-greet passes for after the show and a merchandise package worth $250 that he or she can feel free to either burn — or wear in style!"

Tate reacts to some of the submissions, which have been compiled, in the clip below:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Best Buy yesterday and they had a ton of copies of the Tateryche CD...I bet they'll all be sitting there this time next year too! I couldn't believe that they had stocked as many as they did.

~Brian~

hmmm....what's that phrase.... "you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"...?

QUEENSRŸCHE - BILLY SHERWOOD’S MIX OF FREQUENCY UNKNOWN FINALLY AVAILABLE IN SPECIAL DELUXE EDITION REISSUE

Dubbed “The Heaviest Rÿche Ever”, Geoff Tate’s version of the band included longtime QR guitarist Kelly Gray plus Ozzy Osbourne bassist Rudy Sarzo and legendary AC/DC / Dio drummer Simon Wright. This group quickly recorded and released Frequency Unknown and though the album earned a significant amount of praise from critics, complaints began to surface about the quality of the album’s mix. In response, Cleopatra Records commissioned multi-instrumentalist producer Billy Sherwood (of YES) to remix the entire album. However, due to schedule restrictions, Sherwood was never able to complete his mix... until now.

Cleopatra Records in association with Deadline Music proudly announces a whole new "Frequency". Coming November 4th, a special limited edition deluxe reissue of Frequency Unknown will be released. Packaged in a striking 2CD digipak, the deluxe edition includes the original album plus a full-length bonus disc of Sherwood’s complete reimagining of the album. Many of the songs were rearranged almost from scratch, with Sherwood adding orchestral arrangements and his own unique spin on these brilliant compositions. Despite the controversy, Sherwood’s Frequency shows that this album contained some of Queensrÿche’s most complex and rewarding songs in years! Revisit this historic recording and be prepared to hear this album like you’ve never heard it before.

Awesome news! Frequency Unknown was an amazing release. It just needed that little something extra to push it from merely being AotY to all-time classic. Smart money says, these added orchestral arrangements should remedy that slight shortcoming. Definitely a buy or die release.

Now I'm wondering, can the same album be Album of the Year two years in a row? I mean, if it's "rearranged almost from scratch", it seems like it should qualify in 2014... right? Damn... now I need to update my Top 10 for 2014.

But wait, it gets better.
http://bravewords.com/news/queensryche-offer-fans-profit-share-opportunity

According to Billboard.com, Queensrÿche is giving fans a chance to share in profits that the band generates through such avenues as merchandise and record sales.

For a minimum investment of $50,000, fans who pass an independent accreditation process can purchase an equity ownership stake from a private consolidated holding company that entitles them to “a fixed percentage” of future revenue, according to attorney Marc LoPresti of LoPresti Law Group, who helped Queensryche establish the LLC.

“This is an opportunity for fans to actually own an equity stake in the band,” says LoPresti. “There is nothing that they do as a unit as Queensryche that the fans that invest will not be a part of.”

Apparently, LaTorreRyche is looking to raise two million dollars, from investors willing to part with a minimum $50K. They're hoping people invest more than the $50K minimum, as to keep the number of investors down, because "it’s about the music and it’s about the fans.”

Wow... I didn't think they could do it, but they just out-douched Tate.

Somewhere, someplace, Gene Simmons is kicking himself and wondering how he never thought of this.

The competition now is to see which Queensryche can outdouche the other.
Short of Geoff asking for $75K, I think this competition is over. Geoff can write as much bad music as he likes, dress up in awful burlesque outfits, whine and bitch until his little wine-making heart is content, but he won't be able to top this. Asking your fans to give you $50K is just fucking soulless.