List of False Metal bands

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Ok this is just a bit of fun so don't get your knickers in a twist people. The A7X thread made me do this so blame it on that one. I'll start it off with a few bands I eckon are falseness to the max!

Trivium - I like The Crusade, but they are still way way false when you look at the early albums and the complete metalcore look.
A7X - but of course
Chimaira. Starting out as nu-metal but then pretending to be old school thrash.
DevilDriver - Dez don't fool me.

keep'em coming!

NOW THIS IS MY KIND OF THREAD.

Winds of Plague
Suicide Silence
Job for a Cowboy
Unearth
As I Lay Dying
Bullet for My Valentine
Atreyu
The Devil Wears Prada
Bleeding Through
Bring Me the Horizon
Whitechapel
Chelsea Grin
Attila
Five Finger Death Punch
Incarceri 9
Black Label Society
Norma Jean
Clutch

Some good ones there cowboys even though I like a couple of them a little bit they are still way false. Only one that seems a little bit odd is BLS. Can't see how they are false. I don't like them really but Zakk never pretended to be anything else did he and most BLS albums sound pretty much the same as far as I know, but maybe you know different hehe. I think from your list Job for a Cowboy is massively false haha! I saw a queue for one of their gigs once and it was massively filled with little emo brats and now they are playing straight up brutal death. Some of the other metalcore bands on your list have never pretended to be anything other than metal or emocore have they? I have no problem with metalcore bands being metalcore, it's when they say we were never metalcore you know that gets on my tits.

Trivium - I like The Crusade, but they are still way way false when you look at the early albums and the complete metalcore look.
Chimaira. Starting out as nu-metal but then pretending to be old school thrash.

Hmm...based on these air-tight criteria, then I guess Pantera and Alice in Chains are false metal! I mean, did you see all the hairspray those pussies used to wear????

:rolleyes:

Sorry, that emoticon seems like I'm getting my knickers in a twist. Here's a better emoticon to show that my intent is ironic humor:

:lol:

And did somebody actually say Clutch was false metal???

Hmm...based on these air-tight criteria, then I guess Pantera and Alice in Chains are false metal! I mean, did you see all the hairspray those pussies used to wear????

Sorry, that emoticon seems like I'm getting my knickers in a twist. Here's a better emoticon to show that my intent is ironic humor:

:lol:

And did somebody actually say Clutch was false metal???

If by false you mean not true, then of course Alice in Chains are a false metal band... they're rock...

yep you're right about Pantera. I guess their case is slightly different in that in their glam days they were very very underground and only became more well known from their bully boy albums onwards. Some of these other false bands have had good success at being metalcore and built a large following as metalcore bands and then suddenly they've changed style and said they were never core in the first place. Pantera never denied they were glam, They actually erased the whole era as if to say Glamtera didn't actually exist at all. Some would say that's even more false though! Who knows really...

how about the "full circle" bands!! Starting true, going false, back to true. Machine Head springs to mind although I almost consider them a false metal band to begin with. Slayer you could say is a full circle band. Take it easy Slayer fans! :)

Guys, this thread is like hearing a bunch of 14 year old boys talking trying to figure out what's cool and what's not! :lol: Who gives a shit? Is that type of attitude "true" enough for you? :lol:

~Brian~

Guys, this thread is like hearing a bunch of 14 year old boys talking trying to figure out what's cool and what's not! :lol: Who gives a shit? Is that type of attitude "true" enough for you? :lol:

~Brian~

Agreed. I said it on the other thread and I'm going to say it here. It seems these "false metal" bands people are labeling are more or less "crappy" metal bands or metal bands selling out. You may not like metalcore but metalcore is still a subgenre of metal. Metal may be your favorite genre, but you can't avoid the fact that there are crummy metal bands that are trying to get more mainstream attention. It doesn't make them any less metal.

Alice in Chains NEVER referred to themselves as metal. The record companies labeled them (at times) as metal. Jerry Cantrell has always said they were what they were and he could care less what category they're in. I would have to agree with that statement since they really seem to be a mix of both metal and alternative.

~Brian~

Read this forum much? Most of the people who post here sound like 14 year old boys, well I think I said 12 year old girls before. Having threads asking "how to talk to band members" is just pretty damn funny yet sad. So a "false metal" thread should be no surprise.
As far as "false metal" I would at least say those bands are aggressiv. Now where one can call Epica and Nighwish metal gets a bit confusing. And it is interesting how a lot of folks here would consider 80s bands like Motley Crue heavy metal before all of the "core" bands. Metalcore is no different than what DRI, Excel, Uncle Slam, Suicidal were way back, just bands doing something different mixing their influences. Personally I don't care for the metalcore stuff but I have no more teenage aggression to need the outlet for. But if I were 14-16 years old I'd probably be all into like I was into DRI.
Metalcore like the rap metal stuff was bound to happen, see it as an abomination or not it is evolution. But at least it keep some form of aggressive music alive and heavy metal owes a lot to these forms.
Another thing is these bands cannot be accused of being sellouts like a lot of hard rock and metal bands were in the early 90s; Warrant, KISS are two of the first to come to mind in that regard. These bands are what they are like it or not. I choose not to like it but whatever works for them.

so I'm gathering "false metal" = bands that have played Ozzfest.