List your top 10 favorite bands

Well, here's an attempt:

Of all time:
- Iron Maiden
- Metallica
- Katatonia
- Anathema
- Paradise Lost (nothing after One Second)
- Type O Negative
- Edge Of Sanity
- Dark Tranquillity
- Sepultura (Max era)
- Sentenced

Current playlist:
- Detonation - An Epic Defiance
- Darkane - Expanding Senses
- Rapture - Songs For The Withering
- Green Carnation - Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness
- NonExist - Deus Deceptor

@rahvin, you like the Pet Shop Boys.

I have a bit of youth sentiment for them too, what period do you like of them, I really only know their eighties stuff. I really like "Disco" :)rolleyes: ), "Please", "Actually" & "Introspective".

1) Dark Tranquillity
2) Therion
3) The Kovenant (Covenant)
4) Arcturus
5) Early Dimmu Borgir
6) Tristania
7) Blind Guardian ("One of these things is not like the others...")
8) In Flames
9) Arch Enemy
10) Opeth

As an aside, The Wheel of Time is a kickin series. Doesn't reach Tolkien level at all, but that doesn't mean I'm not waiting for that next book that supposed to come out relatively soon. (I heard something about before the end of the year?). And Terry Goodkind is very good. Read only a few short stories, and he does have something for torture, but still really good.

~Kovenant

Originally posted by Ormir
I had 4 bands nobody else mentioned and 3 that were on the list of only one other person :wheee:

lol... pathetic.

Yeah you are so elite. I am elite too, here's my list

Anal Cunt
Britney Spear
Shakira
Eminem
Orgy
Linkin Park
Nelly
Ja Rule
Kylie Minogue
Pink

I am better than you! Yes because nobody else mentioned my whole list.

Samarko1337

These really aren't my favorite persay, but are the 10 bands I listen to the most, in no particular order:

In Flames
Dark Tranquility
Lacuna Coil
Dimmu Borgir
Earth Crisis
Dimension Zero
Guns n Roses
Blue Oyster Cult
Soilwork
Tristania

Originally posted by Samarkol
lol... pathetic.

Yeah you are so elite. I am elite too, here's my list

Anal Cunt
Britney Spear
Shakira
Eminem
Orgy
Linkin Park
Nelly
Ja Rule
Kylie Minogue
Pink

I am better than you! Yes because nobody else mentioned my whole list.

Samarko1337
Fuck you. Maybe the :wheee: I put in the end didn't clue you on the self-irony, but that's no excuse to act like a prick. Fuck off and go back to the IF forum asshole.

In no particular order:

Dark Tranquillity
Immortal
Dissection
Arch Enemy
Iron Maiden
Stormlord
Blind Guardian
Bolt Thrower
Hollenthon
Therion

El Cid.

@madtinus: their eighties stuff is clearly their best, but they had some sort of reprise halfway through the nineties, when they put out "very". some songs out of that record are quite fresh and intelligent: if you still feel like liking some of their stuff, check out "yesterday, when i was mad", "can you forgive her" and "the theatre". moreover, the b-sides of the earlier-to-nineties period are very good too. :)

@kovenant84: number ten in the wot series is due to come out at the beginning of january. it's called crossroads of twilight. you might find some unathorized scan of the prologue ("glimmers") on the net. :rolleyes: :)

rahvin.

Originally posted by Ormir
Fuck you. Maybe the :wheee: I put in the end didn't clue you on the self-irony, but that's no excuse to act like a prick. Fuck off and go back to the IF forum asshole.

Take it easy, I was joking ;) And what is wrong with IF forum?

Sam