Little preview of Angra's LIVE DVD shot yesterday...

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Angra recorded a live DVD/Blu-Ray last night in Sao Paulo. About 4,000 people in attendance. Great set list and guests Tarja Turunen, Uli Jon Roth, Familia Lima String Quartet. Some fan-made videos (good quality) below. Also, seems that Fabio Lione's performance was one of his strongest ever!

The only bummer is that Russell Allen had to cancel his appearance last minute as it seems he got into a car accident on his way to the airport (nothing serious)... He was going to be singing Winds of Destination and Carry On, it seems :(

Setlist:

Angels Cry
Nothing To Say
Waiting Silence
Lisbon
Time
Winds of Destination
Millenium Sun
The Voice Commanding You
Gentle Change
Silence and Distance
Late Redemption

(acoustic set)
Reaching Horizons
Unholy Wars
Caca e Cacador
A Monster in Her Eyes
Make Believe

(Encore 1)
No Pain for the Dead
Stand Away
Wuthering Heights
Evil Warning

(Encore 2)
Unfinished Allegro
Carry On
Rebirth
In Excelsis
Nova Era

Waiting Silence:

No Pain for the Dead:

Late Redemption:

Wuthering Heights:

Make Believe:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only bummer is that Russell Allen had to cancel his appearance last minute as it seems he got into a car accident on his way to the airport (nothing serious)... He was going to be singing Winds of Destination and Carry On, it seems :(

That would have been amazing, imo.

The cool thing is that the Acoustic Set (and Voice Commanding You) was entirely sung by Rafael Bittencourt and Kiko Loureiro.

Cool update:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am kicking myself for missing it. For reasons I can't explain, I decided to go see Soulfly in São Paulo last night. haha

In my defense, I saw Angra early on the tour, it was great. But it looks like last night's show was special.

The cool thing is that the Acoustic Set (and Voice Commanding You) was entirely sung by Rafael Bittencourt and Kiko Loureiro.

Huh; this initially concerned me, but then I watched the "Make Believe" clip and it DOES work.

I did notice one key omission: no Carolina IV? Bummer!!!

I checked and SoulflyFan is indeed available on Ultimate Metal for your membership name.

:lol:

The sad part is: I don't even like Soulfly. A good friend of mine was the promoter, just went to support him.

Since I saw Angra early on the tour (and I will see them again soon), I thought it was OK to miss the show. I was wrong... ahha the production was phenomenal, the stage looked incredible.

Tarja doing Stand Away was pretty cool. He did the Edu stuff ok, but based on how they had others do much of the original line up higher pitch songs that I see on youtube, I think they know Fabio can't really handle the Matos era stuff. Anyone else guessing they're going to redo it in studio?

Tarja doing Stand Away was pretty cool. He did the Edu stuff ok, but based on how they had others do much of the original line up higher pitch songs that I see on youtube, I think they know Fabio can't really handle the Matos era stuff. Anyone else guessing they're going to redo it in studio?

You're so very wrong... He does the old material beautifully actually.