Little preview of Angra's LIVE DVD shot yesterday...

Nothing to Say:

Intro/Angels Cry:

(man, I miss a crowd like that at a metal show...I mean, look at the beginning of Angels Cry...damn!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting Silence is my favorite Angra song, so I was really hoping to love that. I still just can't get into Fabio's style though. Way too much vibrato all the time.

Oh well. We'll see who they end up with for their next studio work.

I gave up on Angra after the Live 'n Louder gig

I am trying to make sense out of this. Their DVD show (based on videos on YT) was infinitely better than the Live n Louder performance. And to be quite honest, if you didn't give up on Angra after Rock in Rio, then you really have nothing to complain about them now. :lol:

Perhaps my most eagerly anticipated bluray (and there's a bunch of good ones on the way....Epica, Nightwish, Anathema, etc.). While I like (or love!) all of his bands, I've never been a huge Fabio Leone guy because of the heavy accent. (Author's note: Joe Terry kills it on No Limits). That said, he impressed me with his performance with Kamelot and looks like he has nailed the Angra stuff. The Stand Away duet with Tarja is out of this world.

You're so very wrong... He does the old material beautifully actually.

Love Fabio in Rhapsody and thought he did great in Kamelot, but I'm actually shocked to hear this from you knowing you to be a Matos fan. Hate to be critical of Fabio, but the songs were made for Matos' voice and style in mind.

My two cents on it/impressions are Matos is a high tenor, uses a softer more feminine sound mixed with power. Fabio I don't think is a high tenor, but has a little lower of a register, uses a very abrupt attack reminding me of what comes from German singers and his accent I think rubs against the romantic Latin/Brazilian vibe of Angras music. Where Matos gets a sound from a smile similar to how Steve Perry did, Fabio just doesn't do that. Very different color. For him to get closer to Matos' style for the songs to be convincing I'm guessing he'd have to use somewhere around like 15-25% more vocal compression, bring his sound more to the front of his face/nose and push down like a mother more than he already is. Matos songs are hard to sing.

This is Alirio Netto and Fabio singing Carry On:

http://youtu.be/zEJD5LBbiQA

Pitchy and can't do the higher parts without screaming/distorted mixed sound. Alirio can more so handle it, but it may just be because he's been doing the songs way longer than Fabio. Fabio can improve and I have an open mind, but as it stands, just don't think it fits. Knew I wasn't alone in this based on the reactions from the Matos sites, but good to know I'm not the only one here that feels this way as well.