Looking for a Ride/Roommate

I know sometimes people have backup reservations at the Super 8 in case their main hotel falls through. Any chance someone is doing that now and would be willing to release theirs so I can get in it?

I know sometimes people have backup reservations at the Super 8 in case their main hotel falls through. Any chance someone is doing that now and would be willing to release theirs so I can get in it?

I've stayed at the Super 8 many times, but based on last year's experience, I'd strongly suggest calling them as soon as you land in Atlanta and let them know you're on your way. Last year we had to wait at least 30 minutes because both our rooms weren't ready (they were overbooked). Turns out we chose to combine both rooms into one (4 people). Super cheap alternative to staying in Atlanta in a clean, decent hotel not too far from the venue.

Strapped for cash? Have you considered Megabus for transportation to ProgPower USA? This express bus service offers fares as low as $1 via the Internet. Megabus.com currently serves 17 cities in the Midwest and 13 Northeast cities and coaches include free WiFi.

~Jen

Strapped for cash? Have you considered Megabus for transportation to ProgPower USA? This express bus service offers fares as low as $1 via the Internet. Megabus.com currently serves 17 cities in the Midwest and 13 Northeast cities and coaches include free WiFi.

~Jen

Holy crap their fares are low, $58 roundtrip from New Orleans

~Jen

I JUST saw one of these buses on the way home from my dad's this weekend. I was wondering what the $1 fare was all about, I thought it was a charter, until now....

I JUST saw one of these buses on the way home from my dad's this weekend. I was wondering what the $1 fare was all about, I thought it was a charter, until now....[/QUO

If you are the first person to book ticket on a bus, you get it for a buck. Then the price per ticket increases as each ticket is sold. So your rate all depends on how full that buss already is. You can get some good deals for sure.

So, in continuing with my tradition of always getting to the party late, I finally pulled the trigger on coming to PP this year. This, of course, puts me somewhat behind on the whole "get a damned room" issue.

So, is anyone going to be giving up a room at any of the close hotels (Artmore is great, or the one right up the hill) that I could snag from you? Not really looking for a roommate situation... I've managed to go, what, 8 shows without managing to be even slightly social? Why break with tradition. :) Plus, I have an evil plan to try to get a couple of friends to come with me, so they potentially can crash in the same room.

Anyhow, please ping me if you have a room reservation you're wanting to get rid of!

-jay

p.s. Search says that nobody has ever mentioned the Inn at the Peachtrees deal + shuttle service happening this year -- are they not doing it again, or do my search skills just suck?

Ok, does anyone have a room somewhat close-by that could hold an extra person? I will be going for all 4 shows (so staying Wed-Sat nights) but don't have a room yet.

Also, I keep getting malware warnings when I try to access my PM. What's up with that?

p.s. Search says that nobody has ever mentioned the Inn at the Peachtrees deal + shuttle service happening this year -- are they not doing it again, or do my search skills just suck?

No, your seach skills do not suck. :)

Glenn called The Inn at the Peachtrees a while back and found out that our contact there had left them. The person that replaced him had no idea about what he had done previously. He explained and she said she would contact him.

We never got the call.

~Jen

I've got my travel done to GET to ATL, but no ride home (yet) Airfare is approaching 200.00 one way. I don't know why I thought booking 2 1-way trips would be more economical. But if someone is driving from Dallas, I could be a wheel man for the trip back.

Ok, does anyone have a room somewhat close-by that could hold an extra person? I will be going for all 4 shows (so staying Wed-Sat nights) but don't have a room yet.

Also, I keep getting malware warnings when I try to access my PM. What's up with that?

I have room in my room, at the Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/17th Street, if you still need a room. I kind of need people to stay with me so I can afford it.

Also, I stayed at the Super 8 last year, and told a couple of the other people (such as Lance[I believe that was his name], from Colorado, sorry I'm terrible with names) staying there that I would get us a room, this is Nathan by the way, so that we would not have to stay there again. If any of you read this, pm me so we can get in touch

You still need a room mate caex? Let me know. I have a king room at the Artmore and my other half isn't going so I don't want to be stuck with a 200/night room.

I did not know if I should post this in a new thread, or in the find a room mate thread, since it's kind of that but kind of not.

Last year, I stayed at the Super 8 down the hall from a friend from Colorado. As I said in the room mate thread, I told him and his friend that I would get a room for us at a closer hotel so we wouldn't have to stay at the Super 8 again this year. He gave me my mom his phone number so we could keep in touch, but unfortunately she lost it before I could put it in my phone.

My question, is does anyone on here happen to know him? He is a big, tall bald headed guy, stayed on the second floor of the Super 8 in the room down the hallway that is near the L part of the building. I think his name is Lance (like Lance King) but I am terrible with names so that may be wrong, and if it is I am so very sorry.

He had someone go down into the VIP area last year and bring out Labyrinth so he could get more stuff signed that allowed at the signing sessions, because he is a huge fan of the band. He had a gold badge, which he said he got from a lawyer (irc) friend of his that knows Glenn and is on the gold badge list.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate place to post this, but I don't know how else to try to get in contact with him since I got a room at the Residence Inn on 17th for us and don't want him and his friend to have to stay at the Super 8 again. Any help is appreciated!

Yonfon, it depends on the day. Details: http://www.itsmarta.com/airport.aspx

MARTA rail operating hours

Train Frequencies
Weekdays: 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.: 15 minutes all lines
Weekdays: 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.: 20 minutes all lines
Weekends: 20 minutes all lines

Train Service Hours
Weekdays: 4:45 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Weekends: 6:00 a.m. to 1 a.m.

~Jen

.. the Midtown location by the venue.

And to further clarify, the MARTA station closest to the venue and The Artmore is the Arts Center station; not the Midtown station that's located 1 stop prior.

197358_10150116410152943_6988548_n.jpg