Loomis and Older Nevermore

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
I’m talking about “Nevermore” and “In Memory” in particular. I popped In Memory into my CD player a couple days ago and was blown away by the guitar work. Yes I still use a CD player. Loomis’s work was magnificent even then. I need to listen to these two more often. Kernon’s production is awesome, too.

:worship:

I’m talking about “Nevermore” and “In Memory” in particular. I popped In Memory into my CD player a couple days ago and was blown away by the guitar work. Yes I still use a CD player. Loomis’s work was magnificent even then. I need to listen to these two more often. Kernon’s production is awesome, too.

:worship:
Every song on In Memory is fantastic.

Dreaming Neon Back is probably my fav Nevermore album. I really love the simplicity of some of the riffs and solos as opposed to the technicality that Loomis displays today - though i enjoy that too at times. People often forget that he is a killer songwriter, not just some stunt guitar player.

Lets just do this:

Every Nevermore album fucking rips in its own way

Loomis is ridiculous in every way. He writes, he shreds, and he's a down to earth motherfucker

And Neil's production on those albums kills. DNB is such an underappreciated album in every facet. People should be forced to listen to it.

Yeah, DNB is great, also love the production. The bass is almost overbearing, but it serves the atmosphere of the album very well. Overall one of the best of all time.