Magic Pie "The Suffering Joy"

Rkbluez

Jul 14, 2010
Rhode Island
Ken are you going to be stocking the new Magic Pie "The Suffering Joy"...really love this band and their first two albums were killer IMO.

They are on order. Emailed the label this morning to find out when they shipped (or when they will). Have not heard back yet.

It'll most likely be worth the wait...at least they're on order...on their site they're saying the release date is 1/25...but those dates never really pan out do they?

I almost feel like buying this just because their studio burned down and I want to do my very small part to help support them. I have MOD and like it but after listening to it I am worn out after that onslaught. So I haven't heard COL but will probably pick this one up.

To be honest I've never been a fan of their music and I don't understand why there is interest in them....but they seem like nice guys and its a tragedy what they had to go through to get this album recorded.

To be honest I've never been a fan of their music and I don't understand why there is interest in them....

I have always wondered about this, as it seems that our taste in music is pretty much in alignment, but very divergent on this band.

Maybe its the dumb name, maybe its because everyone was ramming the band down my throat, telling me I was crazy if I didn't sign them. I dunno. Also sat through one of their performances at Rosfest and found them to be kind of fun but didn't exactly make anything stand up at attention (if you know what I mean - Bob knows what I mean because he's a pervert).

To be honest I've never been a fan of their music and I don't understand why there is interest in them

Ken can't believe someone who is into retro progressive rock as much as you obviously are can't see the sheer talent and class in this band...yet you drool over bands IMO that aren't anywhere near as good...but everyone is entitled to their opinion...and by this post I see I'm not alone in liking Magic Pie.