Magistral for ProgPower5?????

guardian26

Mike the Cop
Aug 4, 2002
MASSACHUSETTS
All right guys, let's get on Glenn's back and see if we can bring Magistral to an opening spot in PP5. Their performance was the best of the night at PP3's pre-party, and I remember that a lot of you agreed with me when I posted that before. Let's support some American (via Chile) metal and make some noise to get these metal maniacs up on the big stage. They've got a new demo out that rocks and I sing along to it on the way to work. Definetly puts you in the mood to bang your head, and the guitars on Infinite Void KILL. So, everyone get behind me because no one listens to one lone voice crying out in the wilderness, but maybe even Almight Glenn will take note of a thread with 100 yes votes??
Yet again, another shameless plug for my boys and some of the coolest metal dudes around
Thanks!!!!

I think they would be a cool openeing act too. I got their demo "I Am" and I really dont have any idea why in the hell they arent signed. At the very LEAST they would kick ass at the preparty again but an opening slot would be a just thing for them.

Ben

definately would not be a bad thing. They were the best at PPIII pre party.

Also would be nice to get a death metal act to add a little variety....

])ark \/\/olf

I agree - best at PPIII and they deserve to be on the big stage.
excellent band....all very talented.!!!!!!

Yessssss!!!!!!!!!!! I agree I come from ARGENTINA!!!!!!! I was surprise because there is not any local band playing in the PPIV......what the hell........I just got I"m CD and is amazing those guy musth go!!! next year, why only Euro bands????
Grande MAGISTRAL!!!!!!!

Grande RATA BLANCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grande SOUTH AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Although they are a talented band, I don't think they are a ProgPower caliber band, at least not until they get some official releases out. Look at who opened this year: Pagans Mind! Since it is only once a year and basically the only good festival, well BW&BK is pretty good as well, in the US I think it is more important to bring more established bands to play. The ideal thing would be to have more festivals like ProgPower or BW&BK so that smaller bands like Magistral can also participate on the big stage. But until then, I think that ProgPower loyals and newcomers will prefer to see more known and established bands in the bill, and have smaller talented bands such as Magistral play the Pre-Show party, which is a very cool concert in itself.

First thing I want to say is:
Do you really need to be an stablished band to participate in a power metal festival? weeeeeeh!!! how wrong dude!... These guys are so talented. I remember Emerson Lake & Palmer participated in the Isle of Wight UK festival when nobody knew them!... If you really know who they are you will undertand but if you dont better dont continue reading this. I got the I AM CD and it totally rules. I am a musician. I've played since I am 4 years old and I know this is real talent. HECK HOW DOES A BAND GETS ON THE WAY WITHOUT ANY CHANGE TO GET ON THE STAGE! MAGISTRAL HAS THE LEVEL AND THE SPIRIT TO ROCK HERE IN AMERICA OR ANY PLACE IN THIS WORLD. I KNOW THIS GUYS WILL BE PLAYING AND WILL BECOME ONE OF THE BEST POWER METAL BANDS IN THE WORLD. THEY WILL SURPRISE YALL I KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING!!!!!

MAGISTRAL WTG GUYS!.

CGV.

Well, i'm Chilean too, and these guys totally rock!!
All very skilled, i spect the betst things things happen to them, because they deseve it.. i've listened their music since before they left Chile. Keep up Magistral! Kickin' ass from the end of the Raimbow... (uhh, That would be Chile in case u didn't get it :p)

I remember checking them out last year before heading up to Atlanta, I thought they were the best at the preshow but still just in my "ok" pile. A couple of their songs I did like, but not enough to wow me yet.

Of course, this is just my opinion like everyone else's. but I'd rather see them at the pre-show again than on the main stage. This is no offense to the band, who are good, but with the calibur of bands that Glenn books, there's about 30 other acts I'd rather be paying the big bucks to see at this time.

Creeps said:
I remember checking them out last year before heading up to Atlanta, I thought they were the best at the preshow but still just in my "ok" pile. A couple of their songs I did like, but not enough to wow me yet.

Of course, this is just my opinion like everyone else's. but I'd rather see them at the pre-show again than on the main stage. This is no offense to the band, who are good, but with the calibur of bands that Glenn books, there's about 30 other acts I'd rather be paying the big bucks to see at this time.
I feel exactly the same way. I saw them at PPIII, and I admit they are good although the vocals are a bit too high pitched for my taste. There are a lot of other bands I would rather see, especially in such an expensive festival as ProgPower. But I do wish them the best and all the success and hopefully they soon get signed and release many albums. I sure will be checking their progess.

They sent me an EP months ago and I played some tracks from it on my radio show and got some good reaction. I like their stuff in some cases I hear some Angra influences but that might just be the natural thing for a lot of South American bands...and I don't mean it as a put down, I like Angra a lot.

I believe they moved to Texas right?

Anyway, I think they would make a great pre-party band, I wouldn't mind seeing them

Magistral is definintley one of the best bands to play progpower V.
1.They are better than previous headliners of the progpower festival(Ex.Rage, Nightwish, Blind Guardian.)
2.They really put on a great show.
3.The song "Awake" is probably one of the best power metal songs ever!!!
4.People who saw them at the pre-show party at Progpower 3 have not heard the recently written songs since then, which are great.
5.people who say that they should just play the pre-show party for next year don't really unterstand the point of the pre-show party. I think a different band should play every year so it leaves more oppertunities for local bands who are trying to get thier music heard. Thier are alot of really good bands that don't get the credit they deserve, main ex. MAGISTRAL.
I think they should definantley be the opening act for PP5, although like I said they are just as good as certain bands that have headlined before. So please have MAGISTRAL play ProgPower V. I know if they played they be signed right away.

Houston has a secret and it's Chile's Magistral. I first caught their show a little over a year ago and was very impressed - and I'm a music snob! They are everything prog metal was meant to be.

I thought at first they were a hugely popular band and that they were touring the Unites States with a stop in Houston - not knowing they actually lived in Houston. Houston? For crying out loud, Whitesnake won't even stop in Houston when touring!

After seeing Prog Power 4 and though I enjoyed all the bands on a certain level, I'd put Magistral against any of those bands (with the exception of Evergrey and Symphony X - hey, sorry guys). Especially their guitarist, Danilo Vargas. I wonder; does that guy has any finger tips after playing the way he does?

If Magistral does play Prog Power 5, I know without a doubt they will make an impression on all who attend.

dargormudshark said:
Magistral is definintley one of the best bands to play progpower V.
1.They are better than previous headliners of the progpower festival(Ex.Rage, Nightwish, Blind Guardian.)
2.They really put on a great show.
3.The song "Awake" is probably one of the best power metal songs ever!!!
4.People who saw them at the pre-show party at Progpower 3 have not heard the recently written songs since then, which are great.
5.people who say that they should just play the pre-show party for next year don't really unterstand the point of the pre-show party. I think a different band should play every year so it leaves more oppertunities for local bands who are trying to get thier music heard. Thier are alot of really good bands that don't get the credit they deserve, main ex. MAGISTRAL.
I think they should definantley be the opening act for PP5, although like I said they are just as good as certain bands that have headlined before. So please have MAGISTRAL play ProgPower V. I know if they played they be signed right away.
Better than Blind Guardian and Rage??? LOL!!!! Did you even see Rage's performance this year??? That is how you play metal!!!!
I think Magistral is ok (I saw them at PPIII) but nothing out of this world. The guitarist is definitely very good, but the vocals are too high pitched IMO and the their music is not very original either. They do have potential and I wish them all the luck for the future, but right now they are still a pre-show party band.

ha ha ha ha ha this is fun..... I dont think you can compare MAGISTRAL with bands such RAGE or Blind Guardian, they have to much time playing (years) and bunch of CD recorded. But I sure this Band will be able to do it one day, or soon.
I think any way MAGISTRAL can make a very good show, they are more power and technical than "Devin Townsed" (PPIII) very boring show, and Pagans Mind (PPIV). I don't like it at all.
and I agree you don't need to be sigend for play in this show, yes here in USA we don't have more real POWER METAL or PROG METAL shows, for all the new bands so..... PP is a good place to see at least one new, no signed, but good, POWER METAL band, I think this can help to grow this movement in USA.
And about "vocals are a bit too high pitched for my taste" man...... this is POWER METAL!!!!!, what you are talking about...if so, what about King Diamond, Adre Matos, Michael Kiske, among others....................

:loco: :loco: :loco: