Magistral for ProgPower5?????

|\/||-| \m/ said:
And about "vocals are a bit too high pitched for my taste" man...... this is POWER METAL!!!!!, what you are talking about...if so, what about King Diamond, Adre Matos, Michael Kiske, among others....................

:loco: :loco: :loco:
I can't stand King Diamond's voice, but I do enjoy Kiske and Matos. I do like some high pitched voices as long as they sound good and mix it up a little, but Magistral's (I have only heard them live so I don't know how it sounds on CD) is a bit too annoying for my taste (just a matter of taste). I do prefer lower and roughe voices though such as Peavy Wagner, Hansi Kuersch, Matthew Barlow, Russell Allen, Jorn Lande, Andy B. Franck, Dirk Thurish, Thomas Englund, guy from Adagio, etc. Some hight pitched voices I really like are Pagan's Mind or Edu Falaschi. They do mix it up and don't sing high-pitched all the time (same as Kiske and Matos). Another example is Heavenly, who in my opinion play really cool power metal but the voice just gets annoying at times because he is always screaming as if someone was squeezing his balls. Variety is the key!!!!!

I think high pitched voices must have a unique quality that sets the voice apart from other high pitched voices. Let's hear it for one of the original high registered singers (Plant being the first, John Anderson of Yes being second) - GEDDY LEE!

Sure, Rush is putting out fluff these days but remember how you reacted to 2112 & Hemispheres the first time you heard it? The bands at Prog Power should build a shrine to those guys!

Magistral better then Rage and Blind Guardian...Please tell me this was a joke... Magistral is a great band but there is still a very big road for them to travel before they get even close to Rage and Blind Guardian.

alexofbodom said:
MetalIcarus:

Think it is coincidence that all these guys saying Magistral is better than Rage and Blind Guardian are from Texas? LOL!!!

I found it very interesting that the bulk of them are first time posters, too. I mean, it's awesome that a local unsigned band has such fanatic support; more power to them, but really, they need to get a bit more established before playing as high a profile festival as Progpower has become.

Ryan

Se7enChurches said:
I found it very interesting that the bulk of them are first time posters, too. I mean, it's awesome that a local unsigned band has such fanatic support; more power to them, but really, they need to get a bit more established before playing as high a profile festival as Progpower has become.

Ryan
Exactly!

You make a good point. Sure it's interesting that all of a sudden out of nowhere, all these Magistral fans come out of the woodwork. Yes, I am new to this board and this is my 3rd. or 4th. post. Is my enthusiasm for Magistral playing PP5 due to any reasons other than their talent or showmanship? Perhaps. Am I just a Magistral shill?

But what it really boils down to is seeing mostly mediocre bands at PP4 and my sincere belief that Magistral can take on MOST of those bands. That if certain bands didn't have a gorgeous singer, they'd be right along side any other metal band that isn't "established," playing bars and singing about elves, fairies, demons and knights. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed PP4 and the positive vibe (wonder why PP4 attendees behave themselves and Woodstock attendees can't?). I simply think that Magistral can hold their own on the large stage.

Yes, you are right; Magistral isn't established and they do have a ways to go in the overall scheme of things. They are still writing music and tightening up their sound. But was Van Halen established when they put out their first (and only good album) record and did that unestablished aspect of their band detract from that first album being ground breaking (btw, it seemed that as Van Halen became more established, the more their music became dull)?

I'm certainly not in total disagreement with you though. I think it is a matter of time that they are signed and do become established as much as any Euro-metal band is. If they aren't at PP5, I'll put money on it that they'll be at PP6!

Se7enChurches said:

Ryan

Shit! I didn't see your post.... LOL I realized the same thing...

I guess this is getting a little too intense. I wonder if this kind of banter and exchanging barbs occurs on the Briteny Spears board?

I can picture it now, "She blows away Christina! Man, she can lip sync better and her male dancers are way better!"

"No she does'nt!"

"Yes she does! She should be playing TRL!"

Ha!

3 quotes I'd like to comment on to join the discussion

#1 quote "Magistral is definintley one of the best bands to play progpower V.
1.They are better than previous headliners of the progpower festival(Ex.Rage, Nightwish, Blind Guardian.)

comment - that's a ballsy statement, even though it's their opinion, but after checking out the sound samples on the wweb site I just can't see that statement being anywhere near the neighborhood called Truth.

quote #2 "But was Van Halen established when they put out their first (and only good album)"

comment - only good album, again, matter of opinion, but when you compare what they've done for each release and sales alone, the majority of the world will probably disagree with you. I'll agree that that 1st album was also my favorite, but 1984 and 5150 were also very incredible albums (my opinion) as well as a lot of the earlier Halen stuff with Roth. Taht one with Gary Cherone singing on it I won't even bring that up.

quote #3 "Britney blows Christina away"

comment - are you insane?!?!? Christina is the be-all-end-all of new female pop performers.. the key work being "performer" and not "lip syncer". I think the last award show (the one with Madonna/Brit/Christina) on stage was the last time I heard Ms Spears actually sing live (aside from that Aerosmith super bowl performance that I was forced to watch). Hell when she came to town the newspapers even ragged her because for the price of her ticket she actually only sang 2 songs live out of her whole set.

to even say that Spears is better than Christina is just lame-o man :p
you know Christina is the new pop queen.. bow before her :p
in fact I'll cast my vote for Christina as the WildCard act for PP5 now :)

ok I'm done having fun now hehehehheh

well, Magistral is a band that has a great future ahead of them. they should get a chance to play in pp5. they have some great new songs and are growing as we speak. good luck Magistral!!!!:hotjump::yell::yell::hotjump:

How we've segued to Britney & Christina - oh my! I guess I should take this to an off-topic thread but does it anger anyone when you see a picture of Shakira wearing a rock T-shirt (Scorpions) and holding a guitar or when some MTV pop star wears a shirt that reads "Rock Star?" It absolutely makes me crazy with anger!

Okay, so I've just admitted that I have too much time on my hands and that I have no life. But getting back to Magistral...

Fun Fact: Did you know Lucho Silva, lead singer of Magistral and teen heart throb, is a Taurus and his turn-ons are candles, bubble baths, his fans and hanging out with his friends at the mall?