Manowar - Feb 8th - Chicago

Can't wait to miss this show.

I own Kings of Metal, Fighting The World, and Warriors of the World, and enjoy them... But could do without seeing them live. And lol if tickets are that expensive, holy fark.

Yeah, the tickets are absurd, but this appearance has been over 10 years in the making. If you have never seen them, then I highly recommend attending. They are one of the greatest live metal bands for a reason.

Yoda - you would have loved the setlist the first time I saw them.
It was on the Louder Than Hell tour. They played their set in chronological order. And most importantly, this was all BEFORE Warriors of the World!

I don't hate Warriors or Gods, but each has way too much filler.

Warriors of the World was actually the first Manowar I listened to. I went back to the 80s stuff after that. So I never really had a bad reaction to it. I don't mind the overblown drama of all those slow songs. And the title track is great.

toot.jpg

Serious question, what makes you guys think Amon Amarth are a Hot Topic band? They've pretty much always been melodic death metal, which doesn't really have much to do with the Hot Topic crowd. I guess when I think of Hot Topic bands I think of bands that are tailor made for the mainstream metal fans, i.e. metalcore and bands like Skeletonwitch, etc.

Serious question, what makes you guys think Amon Amarth are a Hot Topic band? They've pretty much always been melodic death metal, which doesn't really have much to do with the Hot Topic crowd. I guess when I think of Hot Topic bands I think of bands that are tailor made for the mainstream metal fans, i.e. metalcore and bands like Skeletonwitch, etc.

exactly...the sound has not changed. They have worked their asses off touring here for over 10 years to make a name for themselves. Sure they play bigger clubs and terrible summer festival tours here but they are far from a Hot Topic Metal Band. Sure Hot Topic sells their stuff along with a hundred other bands that most of us like. It would be different if they were altering their sound or look to go mainstream...they have not...I think they have gone stagnant since they have literally done the same thing over and over again.