Marc Brueland: RIP

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Marc passed away on Saturday at 2:12pm. Words cannot express the loss I feel. The front page of the website has a special picture of Marc that I hold dearly.

The remaining part of the website is closed for now.

Glenn H.

DAMMIT. I was really hoping that he would pull through. He didn't look too much older than me. I am extremely happy and extremely sad about this. I am happy that he got his wish and that he is no longer suffering. But i am sad that he was so young and that he has suffered for much of his life and that he died. Really makes you sit back and think sometimes. Thank you Glenn and Nightwish for making his dream come true.

Brent...

Very sad. I saw the video and thought that was awesome when he came out with Nightwish. Now he is rocking in heaven, Rest in peace Marc

Bear

I haven't posted on UM in a long long time...

I was there when they brought him on stage, I yelled his name as he hugged Tuomas even though I had no idea who he was. I now realize that at the time it didn't even matter, whoever he was, he was a Nightwish fan. Everyone was there and we were headbanging and cheering and loving a music that kinda lifted all my emotions higher than I thought possible, and the whole experience was moving enough to make me miss a guy I never knew.

Be at peace Marc. Never stop headbanging.

-Haz

Legolas said:
I haven't posted on UM in a long long time...

I was there when they brought him on stage, I yelled his name as he hugged Tuomas even though I had no idea who he was. I now realize that at the time it didn't even matter, whoever he was, he was a Nightwish fan. Everyone was there and we were headbanging and cheering and loving a music that kinda lifted all my emotions higher than I thought possible, and the whole experience was moving enough to make me miss a guy I never knew.

Be at peace Marc. Never stop headbanging.

-Haz
I was there as well. I didn't know what the details of his situation were at the time, but, regardless, I realized that it was a special moment for Marc. I feel fortunate to have been able to witness his dream come true. Rest in peace, bro.

Sorry to hear the news. I'm glad he was able to hold on a little longer after Progpower and was able to experience the joy seeing his dream fulfilled.

His family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry I checked the Forum so late.

I never really knew Marc Brueland, and I had almost no advance warning backstage as to what was going on, but even though the news of his passing was not unexpected, it still hurts. He was only 31 and looked much younger.

I'm grateful that I had a role in making Marc's dream become reality, and I'm glad so many others at ProgPower had the chance to enjoy Nightwish's set. It's one of the finest things I've ever been a part of.

--Paul C.
co-sponsor for Nightwish at PPUSA IV