RIP Eric Brueland

Evil Penguin

Oct 8, 2007
Under your bed
Eric Brueland, Marc Brueland's father, passed away back on Nov. 19. Many will remember Marc on stage with Nightwish at PPUSA 4, and his battle with cancer also documented on the PPUSA DVD. His father had lost his own battle with cancer. Rest in peace.

Heard about this last month, but couldn't really figure what to say on it then or now. Really heartfelt sympathy for the Brueland family. So much sorrow; my thoughts and prayers go out to you. Wishing you much strength and support through this difficult times.

Heard about this last month, but couldn't really figure what to say on it then or now. Really heartfelt sympathy for the Brueland family. So much sorrow; my thoughts and prayers go out to you. Wishing you much strength and support through this difficult times.

Definitely +1. Eric passed away just a few days before Nightwish's show here in Atlanta, and I spoke to Tuomas after the show about ProgPower, Marc, and now Eric's passing. As Tuomas put it, "That family has suffered through WAY too much." :(

I didn't know anything about Marc, aside from his appearance at ProgPower and his personal struggle with cancer. After reading the bio on the link posted above, I deeply regret that I didn't have the chance to meet him. It looks like we had a few interests in common.

And very sad about his father. Words really fail.

I didn't know anything about Marc, aside from his appearance at ProgPower and his personal struggle with cancer. After reading the bio on the link posted above, I deeply regret that I didn't have the chance to meet him. It looks like we had a few interests in common.

And very sad about his father. Words really fail.

Wow, I totally missed that link up there, the first time around. Brings even more meaning to the whole story, one in which I played a small part (as NW's co-sponsor that year). Thanks for posting that, user-formerly-known-as-DarkTide....

I had corresponded with Christopher of Invincible Studios for the documentary DVD and he graciously sent me over the CDRom of photos and images that were used for the DVD. Since I did not know anything about Marc until after the fest, it was a strange and deeply moving experience working on his story.