Meeting the Bands...

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I have had a few emails and read a few posts at other forums regarding this matter so I will clarify the situation.

There is a private meet & greet prior to the opening of the doors at the pre-party on Thursday night for Gold Badge members *only.* All of the bands are invited to be there. The bands have the option of leaving prior to the general public being let in or sticking around and seeing how it goes. If people are polite and don't mob them, then there is a better chance of them staying. Folks were really cool last year about it and I'm hoping for a repeat.

At the festival itself, it is entirely up to the bands on how much they want to interact with the fans. I have no control over that matter. I will say that I do attempt to set up brief autograph sessions between sets for those bands that choose to participate.

Last year was a very unique experience as the majority of the bands hung out in the hallway and in the venue for the entire weekend. Hell, they even partied with the fans at the hotel rooms after the show. The thing that is different this year is that I have over twice as many in attendance this time. That will make it much more difficult for you to simply "hang out" with the bands. However, I'm fairly certain that you will run into Kai near the hotel or sit down at the bar with Tobias. The place isn't that big.

The only band that is going to be tough to really reach is Blind Guardian. Most of the bands that perform on Friday are usually available on Saturday (and vice versa) to the fans. However, they have an early flight to Montreal on Saturday morning. Thus, you may not get much of an opportunity to meet them.

Glenn H.

Originally posted by Harvester
I have had a few emails and read a few posts at other forums regarding this matter so I will clarify the situation....However, I'm fairly certain that you will run into Kai near the hotel or sit down at the bar with Tobias. The place isn't that big....

Glenn, been lurking at the BG forum again haven't you? :D

I tried to tell them...

Anyway, speaking of hotel bars, any clue if the Granada BW has one?

Thanks Glenn for your tips.....but which hotel which bar?
tongue3.gif

Also, i would like to thank you for making my dream come true. :hotjump:

Originally posted by Harvester
No bar at the Granada. That may not necessarily be a bad thing either. :puke: :puke:

Glenn H.
Supreme Lurker of other Forums

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is NO lie Glenn!
I really enjoyed that all the bands hung out with everyone last year. Hopefully no one will be over zealous and freak them out.
Just be calm, don't mob them! The interaction between the fans and the bands was another unexpected highpoint of last year's festival.

JW

Originally posted by JayDubya

Just be calm, don't mob them! The interaction between the fans and the bands was another unexpected highpoint of last year's festival.

JW

Excellent advice. I'll never forget Ray Alder walking in the door at PP1 in IL..the poor man didn't get to move more than ten feet for half an hour or more, he was so mobbed, & he was only there as a fan. These musicians are just people, like you and I..you'll get much better reactions from them if you remember that.