Megadeth Split

As far as I'm concerned they should have done that after Countdown to Extinction. Guess their Live release that's getting bashed into the ground is their swan song. I'd read a rumor and this was from another site, that the reason the band split up was because Dave Mustaine has become a born again Christian and now only wants to do Christian music. If nothing else that should be good for a few laughs.

MEGADETH FRONTMAN TURNING TO A HIGHER POWER?:
It's rumor time...and why not, it's been a while and Van Halen aren't doing anything, so here's the best rumor to be doing the rounds right now.
There is a rumor that Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine has found God and quit the band he formed nearly 20 years ago.

This was the post on www.melodicrock.com April 2nd.

Turns out that he had a relapse, checked into rehab, and became a born again.

Either way, it doesn't matter. This is for the best (whichever way you look at it). Personally, when a band starts to churn out three or four bad albums in a row, there is no recovery from that.

Jay Leno's response to the megadeth split...................:lol: .............."after 20 years, I guess they played every combination of the three chords they know how to play."

Fuckin Hilarious

That's rediculous. I'm not the biggest Deth fan in the world, but to call them a three chord band? They have more talent in their pinky fingers than most alterna-rock/metal bands. Those are the real no-talent three-chord rockers. You're gonna listen to Rust in Peace and claim they only play three chords?

And they play more leads than chords anyway....

-matt

I'd have to agree with DT Jesus. Rust in Peace in a classic. THe guitar playing from Dave Mustaine and Marty Friedman was incredible. The soloing on Hangar 18 was incredible!

JOhn

Originally posted by SAVAfan
Jay Leno's response to the megadeth split...................:lol: .............."after 20 years, I guess they played every combination of the three chords they know how to play."

Fuckin Hilarious

I have to admit, that is hilarious. We have to laugh at things like that - I'm surprised he even mentioned Megadeth.

Yeah RIP was good, but Leno must have just listened to Risk. :lol:

"Poison was the Cure" has to be one of the most intricate guitar pieces ever - and they did it live which adds to my admiration.

Megadeth might have turned sour after RISK, but Marty Friedman joining for RIP was a god send. I hear Marty Friedman and Michael Schenker are doing an album together now by the way.

I'll confirm the rumor:
It's not about the Metallica thing...it's Dave Mustaine who's had a hand-problem (clinical) and under intersive care... Docs have told Davey to rest (poor kid...) and so he'll SPLIT from Megadeth (his dream come true i guess)....
he says's he wont be able to pick up his guitar and strum! that guy wants to help music by not using instruments (vocals maybe???) !!!
So, that's what caused the had-to-be-made split!
| SO that's what i heard - (i got sources!) - Megadeth, Rust in PEACE !!! |

Marty Friedman and Michael Schenker together??? WOW, Now I'd pay good money to see that live.

As for the split I think it was a long time coming and as far and Davey helping music in other ways that should prove interesting as long as his ego doesn't get in the way.

John