Melodic Rock Fest 3

Well no one else has brought this up so I guess I will, Melodic Rock Fest 3 has just been announced for SEPT. 27-29 at the H.O.M.E. bar in Chicago.
Some of the bands:HAREM SCAREM W.E.T. TANGO DOWN INNERSIEGE ECLIPSE HOUSE OF LORDS and many more. $65 for SAT & SUN. Friday is all acoustic.

Because posting of other festivals, especially ones in the USA the same month as PPUSA aren't allowed on the forum. I'm guessing this post will be deleted shorty.

Well no one else has brought this up so I guess I will, Melodic Rock Fest 3 has just been announced for SEPT. 27-29 at the H.O.M.E. bar in Chicago.
Some of the bands:HAREM SCAREM W.E.T. TANGO DOWN INNERSIEGE ECLIPSE HOUSE OF LORDS and many more. $65 for SAT & SUN. Friday is all acoustic.

and it's $65 EACH DAY for Sat & Sun

For a small club, that's one of the nicest I have seen in those pics he posted. If it were any other month than September, I'd be there too.

The only reason I'll make it, it's very close to my home. Eric Martin, Harem Scarem, WET, Mecca, Eclipse, & House of Lords is a pretty stellar lineup for melodic rock. I gotta believe he's into this with a lot of money, hope it does well for him.

So I'm coming over for a wedding and my buddy who is getting married, apparently his friend owns the venue. Coincidental or what?

I'm thinking of hitting England after the USA and going to Firefest. Talk about AOR meltdown. Anyone going to that too?

I plan on attending.... Can’t wait to see Harem Scarem. With them re-recording MOOD SWINGS maybe we will get to see that album played in it's entirety. W.E.T. will be good as well as Coldspell. But I am most looking forward to seeing Eclipse. I really think they will be my favorite. Luckily I am 30 minutes from this venue. My concern is that the place is NOT that big and as someone mentioned there are a lot of bands which means short sets. Limited seating as well. At least you can enter and exit as you please...plenty of restaurants and places to eat, get a cup of coffee by the venue.

I'm really upset that I missed this festival the last time it was held, but I just couldn't afford the tickets. It looks like it's slightly more expensive this time, but this lineup is too good to pass up. If I would recommend any of the lesser known bands on the bill, they would be Bonrud and Newman. Those bands perfectly embody the essence of AOR. That said, it's time to start saving up some cash!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Wow, I read that this was expensive, but finally checked the site.

$65 a day???
That pretty much guarantees NO fence sitters or those coming just to check it out.

Very curious to hear how this one does.

So I drove by (not on purpose) where HOME BAR is on Rand Road.
Wow, its in a shopping center where most stores have closed.
There will certainly be plenty of parking!!

Tickets arrived. I'm bummed about the lack of accomodation within walking distance. Looks like it's the official hotel and their shuttle service for me.

Tickets arrived. I'm bummed about the lack of accomodation within walking distance. Looks like it's the official hotel and their shuttle service for me.

I drive by HOME quite often, I think there may be a Motel in walking distance, I'll check in the next day or so and try to post their info here if I can find it. This is not a bad area at all so you don't have to worry about that.

Keyes Motel is only a block or so away: 2323 E Rand Rd, Arlington Heights, IL, 60004. (847) 253-2003. Definitely walking distance away.

Via www.melodicrock.com :

The mighty classic rockers Heaven And Earth will be stripping it back for a very special acoustic set for MRF3,
to feature guitarist Stuart Smith, vocalist Joe Retta and bassist Chuck Wright.

With thanks to Quarto Valley Records (www.quartovalleyrecords.com), the power trio will join the Saturday line-up as special guests of the mega-event that kicks off in the late afternoon Friday September 27 and runs all day Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th.

Heaven And Earth will be playing material from their brand new acclaimed album Dig, as well as a few tracks from their past.
All as a dynamic acoustic based set.