MERCENARY: Video For 'Through The Eyes Of The Devil'

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
http://www.bravewords.com/news/197993

MERCENARY has released a video for the song 'Through The Eyes Of The Devil'. The track is taken from the 2011 album Metamorphosis. The video was filmed in the summer of 2012 and edited by Carlos Toro.

The band comments: "After a great album cycle the last two years with lots of great shows and festivals, we decided to invite you all to witness some of the metal mayhem and take a look "Through the Eyes of the Devil" with us! Enjoy this great video filmed in the summer of 2012 and edited by Carlos Toro, who previously made our video for "The Endless Fall". Stay tuned for some really exciting news on our upcoming album soon!"

Watch the video below:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 11 Dreams, which is a great album, but I haven't had the urge to pick up any of their other albums. This song is pretty good though.

This album is a definite departure stylistically speaking. Much heavier and more death metal vocals and screaming. BUT, with that said this is by far my favorite album of theirs. Super catchy and ultra heavy and that variation between styles keeps it lively.

This is one of my favorite tracks and shows you how much screaming can be on it during songs. But tell me if it doesn't have a monster hook in the chorus.

Last edited by a moderator:
This album is a definite departure stylistically speaking.

It's not like they ever really had a stable sound to build on. First Breath to Everblack to 11 Dreams to The Hours That Remain to AoL to Metamorphosis are so completely different from one album to the next because of all of the turmoil and band lineup changes. The only stable progression in sound they had going was from Everblack to 11 Dreams.

IMO the only bad album was AoL. God That album was just bad. Such a disappointment, as I loved Hours. I still think it's the bands crowning achievement as an album.

I think Metamorphosis is an amazing album. I was prepared to hate it due to the departures and my disappointment with AoL, but it really won me over. I do not like it as much as 11 Dreams, but I listened to it still now. It was in my top 5 or so the year it came out. I am not sure it is heavier than say Everblack )or their material before that) but as someone said it is catchy as hell.

I still think it's the bands crowning achievement as an album.

This!!

I think Mercenary's only "stable" stylistical phase was with 11 Dreams and Hours. Those are my most favorite Mercenary records, and I played the hell out of them when I got them. In fact, going to put them on right now! :D

It's not like they ever really had a stable sound to build on. First Breath to Everblack to 11 Dreams to The Hours That Remain to AoL to Metamorphosis are so completely different from one album to the next because of all of the turmoil and band lineup changes. The only stable progression in sound they had going was from Everblack to 11 Dreams.

IMO the only bad album was AoL. God That album was just bad. Such a disappointment, as I loved Hours. I still think it's the bands crowning achievement as an album.

Maybe only referring to it as "AoL" was a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy...