Metal Favorites

Since it precedes the movement by a couple years. This is the first I've heard someone call it NWOBHM, so I'm a bit curious as to why you classify it as that.

Judas Priest isn't a part of the NWOBHM. They were a key influence on almost every band associated with it but they were way too early for it.

Because it's just some term you made up. Bestial black metal (aka war metal), atmospheric black metal, progressive black metal, melodic black metal, raw black metal etc., have less in common with each other than they do with standard black metal. All those subgenres lumped together do not a genre make. It makes about as much sense to lump melodeath and slam death together under the genre of "prefixed death metal." You just stated "prefixed black metal" as your least favorite genre to pussyfoot around the fact that you hold a negative opinion of black metal in general, as if liking Mayhem and a couple other bands somehow negates that.

Why isn't it a valid genre? For example, death metal is a subgenre of heavy metal, and isn't invalidated just because slam death and prog death are unrelated. Prefixed black metal is an umbrella sub-genre that represents all metal music derived from second-wave black metal, and on the whole I hate atmoshit, symphoshit, and depressoshit equally.

I suck at doing lists but why the hell not.

Album: Bathory Norland I
EP: Pagan Altar - The Time Lord, Bolzer - Aura and Mercyful Fate -s/t
Band: Summoning, Bathory, Candlemass, Mercyful Fate
Death Metal: The Chasm - Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
Black Album: this is soo hard and a lot of good stuff has been said already. Ive been really playing Tormentor's Anno Domini a lot. & a shit ton of people disagree but fuck the haters Emperor's Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk will always be a favorite of mine as well.
Thrash Album: Holy Terror - Terror and Submission
Grind Album: Napalm Death - Harmony Corruption or Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness
Sludge Album: Lord Mantis- The Perverter or Acid Bath's Paegan Terrorism Tactics
Doom Album: Reino Ermitano - Rituales Interiores or Cirth Ungol - King of the Dead
Heavy Metal Album: Crimson Glory -Transcendence
NWOBHM Album: Angel Witch - S/T
Power Metal Album: Haven't heard much power metal to say i did listen to Helloween's Walls of Jericho and that was awesome or I could just put Fates Warning here but I like to do my own thing lol.
Progressive Album: This is hard... I gotta rack my brain a bit the only thing that's coming to mind is Subterranean Masquerade's EP Temporary Pyschotic State.
Core Album: Nah.
Beer: IPAs

That's twice I've seen King Of The Dead called doom metal, am I missing something? I think I need to listen to that album with this in mind and see where I stand in the aftermath.

It's actually my favorite release from them. I definitely hear doom there (among other things to be honest), what would you classify them as?

Why isn't it a valid genre? For example, death metal is a subgenre of heavy metal, and isn't invalidated just because slam death and prog death are unrelated. Prefixed black metal is an umbrella sub-genre that represents all metal music derived from second-wave black metal, and on the whole I hate atmoshit, symphoshit, and depressoshit equally.

Gonna agree with you here. As a whole I don't much like Death Metal, Black Metal, or Folk Metal, but my favorite variety of metal isn't restricted to any one genre, but more of a 'prefix' that overlaps all of these- with a thick atmospheric of "ancient pagan/occult' sound clearly seeping from it. See Zhrine, Bolzer, Nile, Desolate Shrine, WITTR, Drudkh, Fyrnask, Agalloch, Myrkgrav, Dordeduh, etc.

Dordeduh but no Negura Bunget?

I do like Negura but just namedropping examples to make a point. It's not the base genre that matters, but the approach you take to it. Most DM lacks feeling and interesting melody. Second wave/orthodox BM tends to put ideology/lyrics/general kvltness above proper songwriting, and the majority of folk reeks of Celtic fairydust or Finnish polka trash. All of the above I listed have varied DM, BM, or Folk influences but take a serious approach to songwriting, tastefully incorporate ethnic/folk/occult melodies, and get neither too fruity, too dark, or too urban/modern sounding.