Metal Festivus! Atlanta - June 14th feat. Mindflow & Meyvn!

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
Mindflow_600.jpg

Advance Tickets are no longer on sale for this show.

Mindflow has canceled their remaining U.S. tour dates

The show is still happening with the three supporting bands now being given ample time on stage. Come on out and celebrate a night of TRUE METAL with us!

5 bands.... ugh.

I'd rather wish it was 4, and Mindflow and Mevyn got adequately long sets while not making the show end late. But oh well. Maybe local sets will be shortened so that Mevyn goes on by 9:30 or so (so ending 10:30... Mindflow on by 11).

But I'm very glad that Mindflow and Mevyn will be performing here.

5 bands.... ugh.

I'd rather wish it was 4, and Mindflow and Mevyn got adequately long sets while not making the show end late. But oh well. Maybe local sets will be shortened so that Mevyn goes on by 9:30 or so (so ending 10:30... Mindflow on by 11).

But I'm very glad that Mindflow and Mevyn will be performing here.

Alright rest assured this will be an early one to start. So no worries on being there until 5am. We've all aired our grievances with Hoyt and his mad ways of stuffing as many bands as he can on to one bill.
This is going to be a great show!

And I designed the poster.....or at least the one posted here. :headbang:

5 bands.... ugh.

I'd rather wish it was 4, and Mindflow and Mevyn got adequately long sets while not making the show end late...

my initial plan:

7PM – EbS (30 mins)
8PM – HW (35 mins)
9PM – ALD (40 mins)
10:15 - Meyvn (50 mins)
11:30 – Mindflow (as long as they want...)

This is my program showcasing three of the best Atlanta metal bands with two fantastic ProgPower bands... and it's a Saturday night! What else do you have planned? :p If you do not want to sit/stand through three bands you've seen/heard before, catch a movie instead. Just be at the venue by 10PM so you don't miss Meyvn and Mindflow. ;)

my initial plan:

7PM – EbS (30 mins)
8PM – HW (35 mins)
9PM – ALD (40 mins)
10:15 - Meyvn (50 mins)
11:30 – Mindflow (as long as they want...)

This is my program showcasing three of the best Atlanta metal bands with two fantastic ProgPower bands... and it's a Saturday night! What else do you have planned? :p If you do not want to sit/stand through three bands you've seen/heard before, catch a movie instead. Just be at the venue by 10PM so you don't miss Meyvn and Mindflow. ;)

It's a long drive back to Columbus after this show, but worth it.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about getting TOO much great music in one night. I should get back to Birmingham about 5 am, and will love every second of it.

The problem Hoyt is that people leave as the show gets late, and the headliner gets less people around than some earlier bands, and things never go to plan and runs late.

Mindflow going on planned at 11:30 means ending around 1am. Which is doable I just often suffer when driving home from up there at that time ;p Yeah, I'm a puss.

Ever thought of doing a "tail light" band? I've seen this done at some festivals. The true HEADLINER gets a good solid 2 hours (if they want it) starting around 10:00 or so. You have another band that plays at midnight if people still want music and want to party. I was in a band that used to do this for a promotion company several years ago and it worked out pretty well. I also saw it done at a major festival at Atlanta Motor Speedway several years ago where the Offspring were the real headliner, but there was a band after them. Just a thought.

The problem Hoyt is that people leave as the show gets late...

"we don't quit playing because we grow old... we grow old because we quit playing."

:headbang:

We have a great little venue that serves great food and affordable drinks, and now we have a NO SMOKING room for the stage. The place is easy to locate, in a decent neighborhood, and you don't have to climb two flights of stairs to see the bands. If you don't want to stand through 5 bands, have a seat for a little while. Get a snack. Play some games. Shoot some pool. The show starts at 7PM and ends some time after midnight. Show up when you want to and see who you want to. But for those who come early and stay late, they're in for a helluva show - start to finish! Those who don't, well all I can say is you missed out! :Smug:

I'll see you all on June 14th. :kickass:

I think I will be going to this. The great thing about this place is that there are other things to do there if you feel like skipping a band. Go have dinner, have a few drinks at the big bar, play video games, pool, listen to the juke box its digital so you can get anything on there i believe. 10 bucks you cant beat it and not having to worry about ticketmaster charges.

The venue is top notch. We were amazed at how little we spent on beer at CIIC. We were having so much fun, we almost missed the beginning of their set. I'll definitely be at this show.