Metallica in Atlanta

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Don't care but some might:

"You are the first to get this Metallica news. I’ll make the official announcement today at 5 o’clock so I’m stealing my own thunder, but that’s the benefit of being Part of the Underground! Project 9-6-1 is bringing Metallica to Philips Arena October 4th!!! Tickets go on sale Saturday, April 4th at 11am, but you can buy yours one day earlier – see, another perk of being on the inside. The Underground presale begins Friday, April 3rd at Project961.com. "

Tickets will probably cost the Moon. I will likely pass.

Those of y'all who know me, know that "back in the day" I knew Kirk H., and would have been allll over a 'Tallica show. Times change, and sadly, so did their attitude.

Don't care but some might:

"You are the first to get this Metallica news. I’ll make the official announcement today at 5 o’clock so I’m stealing my own thunder, but that’s the benefit of being Part of the Underground! Project 9-6-1 is bringing Metallica to Philips Arena October 4th!!! Tickets go on sale Saturday, April 4th at 11am, but you can buy yours one day earlier – see, another perk of being on the inside. The Underground presale begins Friday, April 3rd at Project961.com. "
Hell yeah! I am SO there! Metallica is my second fave band of all-time! Been a fan since 1987!:worship:rock::kickass::cool:

Paul, is that to say that you attended a 'tallica show in their club days? If so...uber jealous.

No, not quite.... I first heard them right when Master came out, but first saw them live earrly on the Justice tour. That tour, and the tour for the Black Album, seemed to last forever...especially the latter.

Good times, good times.

I think they are around $71 GA floor and $56 reserved seating.

Yep. Unless there's a stellar opener, I can't see myself attending.

This, from the guy who bought cheapskate $19.91 tickets yesterday for NIN and Jane's Addiction. :lol:

Has there been any info sent out about what the presale password is? A coworker and I are hoping to get tickets and we figured the presale would be the way to go!

I think they are around $71 GA floor and $56 reserved seating.

It's the same for our show. If there was actually an opener I could maybe think about it but tickets went on sale this past Saturday and will probably sell out before anything is even announced.

The sad thing is that the commercial for the show at my local civic center said something along the lines of "recession prices." In what world is $71 a person, not including the fees, a recession price? Aside from PP, where I at least get 10 or so bands in return, I refuse to even consider going to a show that is over $50.

It's the same for our show. If there was actually an opener I could maybe think about it but tickets went on sale this past Saturday and will probably sell out before anything is even announced.

The sad thing is that the commercial for the show at my local civic center said something along the lines of "recession prices." In what world is $71 a person, not including the fees, a recession price? Aside from PP, where I at least get 10 or so bands in return, I refuse to even consider going to a show that is over $50.

im pretty sure 71$ for the floor seats is incredibly low to what Metallica could be charging

im pretty sure 71$ for the floor seats is incredibly low to what Metallica could be charging

Not unless you live somewhere that overcharges for these shows such as NYC. At most you're saving about $10 from their last tour in 2006. Which doesn't take into account that "convenience" charges only continued to rise at an obscene rate in those 3 years.

Couldn't agree more about the "recession" prices....clearly they don't expect too many kids to come out to their shows at those prices. Then again, most younger metalheads these days couldn't give less of a damn about Metallica, and it's hard to blame them for that.

Say what you like, Trent Reznor know's how to put on a fucking killer show.

This will be my first time seeing NIN, so I'm hoping you're right.

Metal may be my stock in trade (in an almost literal sense)......but I regard Pretty Hate Machine as one of THE most pivotal albums ever released.

I’m drowning in phone calls and emails from people begging for the Metallica presale information. Patience Project family, patience… I’m not gonna leave you stranded! Tomorrow morning (Friday), 10AM the presale begins. Here is the link and your password is "project". October 4th, Philips Arena…it’ll be here faster than I’m comfortable with…slow this ride down!!!

http://www.project961.com/pages/concerts.html

pass: "project"