Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I was in a rather masochistic mood last night... and decided to torture myself by watching Metallica's documentary "Some Kind of Monster". It was unintentionally hilariously throughout... but I can't believe it was over 2 hours long! It grew quite tedious.

I found the interaction between the band and the psychotherapist to be quite entertaining. I loved how Lars and James were discussing their feelings and working through their issues. I also never knew that it took the band several years to record "St. Anger".

It's certainly an interesting... and bizarre... viewing.

OMG Bad Dudes!

*ahem* Haven't seen this documovie, don't feel like it. I'd rather watch Kill Bill, or siamese twins from atop a mountain perch.

It's worth seeing just for Dave Mustaine crying like a fag. (Of course, it was all carefully edited that way....but you won't see the deleted scenes on TV).

Oh my goodness... Dave Mustaine came across extremely pathetic... "Do you know what I've been through? People hate me because of you (Metallica)!" Boo hoo!

dude what a bunch of fucking pussies. I can't believe those dudes used to be these dudes:
band5.jpg
<--- THRASH METAL DAVASTRUKTORS.

skupina468.jpg
<--- NOT METAL, NOT ROCK N ROLL

im sorry but i think the term sellout can be used to apply to a band without any sense of elitism involved. Metalica = sellouts.

the spirit of metallica was in hetfields hair and booze. when those started going, so did the alchoholcaust.