Some Kind of Monster ...

I watched this finally, about a month ago I guess. I never liked Newstead too much, but the fact that he bailed on the band when they hired a therapist made me respect the guy. "You got a therapist?! This... is... fucking... GAY."

That therapist dude was a complete and total putz. The only thing worse than him was the fact that Metallica hired him. What was the fucking point? It was like watching one of those cryfests where dudes sit around in diapers beating drums, whining about the fact that they have to pay their electric bill every month. Actually that Mustaine bit was exactly like this, just without half-naked homoeroticism (subdued mostly-clothed homoeroticism was dealt in spades though).

Those dudes live on an entirely different fucking planet, the way they just toss money left and right. Out of touch with any semblance of reality, just like most idiot rich people I've encountered. I felt really bad when Lars had to sell off his $10,000,000,000,000,000,000 art collection. Must've been just like having to give up your children for adoption because you can't afford to feed them.

Bunch of whining tools. Trujillo should have ditched the band as soon as his check cleared.
Last night I think I realized I don't even care about their old shit anymore.
Lies. Their old shit still rules. Was listening to some earlier today. I was probably just mad at numbers the day I said this. :loco:

If I listened to "Orion", "Blackened", "Four Horsemen", or "Creeping Death" RIGHT NOW I would be doing this -> :kickass:

Good music for me never fades, ever. It's inherently impossible since the music data is static and therfore resonates in the exact same sound waves for eternity. Unless you have a warped vinyl or mangled cassette tape maybe.

I think I said in another thread recently that Metallica have a 12.123 year shelf life and I think that expired the day I made that post.

Other than a random song on a jukebox or radio, I have NOT ONCE pulled out a Metallica CD since 2005. Meanwhile, I rebought Peace Sells and So Far So Good So What. :loco:

the therapist + bob rock were total tools in that movie

as was Dave Mustaine (even without the crying edits). Although I was surprised when he said he broke Pete Sandoval's leg after he picked on Lars. You can imagine Mustaine going to Lars's defence LOL. "Nobody picks on my little Danish friend".

I think I said in another thread recently that Metallica have a 12.123 year shelf life and I think that expired the day I made that post.

Other than a random song on a jukebox or radio, I have NOT ONCE pulled out a Metallica CD since 2005. Meanwhile, I rebought Peace Sells and So Far So Good So What. :loco:

Try one of those songs right the fuck now and grab a beer then

I love Jason Newsted. Ironic that the member who kept most of their early principles, was never a part of the band when those principles were founded.

I still believe James has it in his heart, he just needs to dump the fucktards, ala Lars and Co.

its really funny to me how Lars tries to bash out the old tunes convincingly on a kit that would make Charlie Watts jelaous.

you know who I blame for Metallica's decline? ... their wives :loco:

and when you play your early songs live ... this is what they should sound like ...

Metallica plays their early stuff now sounding like they are a bad cover band playing early Metallica.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh get off Slayer's nuts. They're just as guilty as Metallica in turning soft. The only difference being, that if Metallica chose to tour with Slipknot, they wouldn't be the opening act.

Edit - :loco:

Mama Said >>>> Every song from Slayers newer releases. Have you ever heard Diablocus Mucus?!? Satan Damnit! This is some atrocious shit right here! Atleast, I can chalk Metallica's newer tunes to good ole easy listening. God Hates Us All (And rightfully so if you're putting out such drivel), the newest release which is mediocre at best, Diabolical Menstration, and the other albums whose names escape my memory due to their insignificance in the spectrum that is my mind, can all fall victim to a "Bonfire of the Imparities"

Dude, Christ Illusion is a totally above average Slayer album, which makes it pretty good in the grand scheme of things.

Also now that I finally picked up Undisputed Cover Album, I know that one to bring the rock as well.

God Hates Diabolus in Musica... no. Just no. Well, except Desire, Point, and Payback.

EDIT: Also I have been known to rock out to Death's Head, but I'm not going to pretend it's a good song.

It was a shock to hear stuff like "Hero of the Day" and "Mama Said" though.

People rant against the black album, but it was heavy in parts: "Through the Never", "Don't Tread on Me", "God that failed" etc.

Most people just had a problem with "Nothing Else Matters" and "Unforgiven". I can sorta understand why people pretend not to like Nothing Else Matters, but Unforgiven is one of my fave Metallica songs of all time tbh.

Mama Said is at least a decent song I always thought.

Hero of the Day =
dryer.jpg

you mean as in their most recent release? or what you think right now?

i've never really listened to anthrax at all, but slayer>>megadeth>>metallica

i never listen to metallica at all anymore, pretty much i'm permanently tired of all their stuff i used to like, especially the black album, which i liked in middle school and have hated ever since.

Everything J says about Megadeth is true.

Even when you go back and listen to both bands first 4 albums, the difference in songwriting, song structures, technicality, melody, precision, goddamn, even Mustaine's picking style over Hetfield, etc - basically Megadeth make Metallica look like infants.

Megadeth =
060504001.jpg

Metallica =
03B06572.JPG

:loco: