Mosh Pits

I was being sarcastic about how he figured you out, you idiot. By the way, I like to mosh too.... *awaits a bashing from Guardian*

MURAI said:
I was being sarcastic about how he figured you out, you idiot. By the way, I like to mosh too.... *awaits a bashing from Guardian*

<MURAI> -_-
<GoD> Open your eyes MURAI, you look odd.
<MURAI> -_-
<GoD> Oh, shit, I forgot you were disabled.

So, so, wrong...

:lol:

There's a time for moshing, and a time for watching/headbanging/singing along.

Moshers are not "animals," non-moshers are not "pussies."

Well.....I know I'll at least be headbanging for part of the Cryptopsy show....kind of impossible not to. Maybe I'll try the pit. Then again, maybe not.

ive been to a few local shows with hardcore "tough guys" there those pit ninjas look halarious with there dancing and "2 step" i hate hardcore as much as someone possibly can it just looks retarted cause theres like no contact in there they just stand there swinging there arms in cirlces wit the occasianl bump or elbow it my opinion the interpretation [sp?] of the mosh these guys have is just completely off

metalmind342 said:
blah blah blah I don't know fuck about fucking shit.

That's not real slam, goon. Actually, the spinkick and windmill alone in the corner shit came partly from HC and metal shows being put together, and the fat metal kids were too big of pussies to slam properly with the HC kids, so the HC kids were scared to accidently kick a metal guy in the face for fear of getting jumped outside. It also comes from the extremely hardass HC kids who sometimes would be going off so fuckin viciously that nobody wanted to get near them for fear of getting murdered.

For anyone who still believes metal guys mosh harder, remember that at the time when metal dudes were just standing there headbanging and throwing the horns to Black Sabbath, the punk kids were fucking CHOKING EACH OTHER in their pits at punk shows.

My hardcore lesson for the day. Thanks.

That's why I don't like it. It turns from something music related to something just not. You make it sound like it's about the pit, and not about the music. And if a band is only good to mosh or whatever to, then it's crap music.

And I'm interested in music, not some subculture.

Barking Pumpkin said:
And I'm interested in music, not some subculture.

That's your problem. I love music, I'm sure I've devoted much more of my life to it than you or most people around here ever will, and that's exactly why I say going off at a show is so beautiful. You become part of the big scheme. Trust me, when a band looks out into a room of bodies flying everywhere and everyone just losing their shit, they put on a 10x better show. And from the perspective of the kid in the pit, it's like jumping into a jaws of a huge beast. You can't deny it's power or just decide to stop cause you're tired or whatever, you are pulled into this huge thing which sucks out every bit of energy you have in you and forces you to keep going afterwards.

When I saw Morbid Angel with Pantera years back, it was like a surreal experience. I was 15 or 16, prime moshing age, and it was basically the two biggest pits I've ever seen in my life. Like 5,000 people moshing on the floor level, all at once. It was a warzone. It was beautiful.

I was talking about the Hardcore thing you were talking about, and now you're going back to talking about metal. Basically....can you listen to it sitting down at home and still get the same thing out of it without being in the middle of a pit? I don't know, since I don't listen to hardcore.

How was I talking about metal? I was talking about pits... you're a confusing person.

But anyway, why is good at-home music better than good live music? Actually, I'd say music that is good live is infinately better. Everyone forgets that music is entertainment. If I wanted to look at some dudes standing around and listen to perfectly-played songs, I'd watch a fucking music video.

And you should listen to hardcore. It's good.

The Grimace said:
How was I talking about metal? I was talking about pits... you're a confusing person.

But anyway, why is good at-home music better than good live music? Actually, I'd say music that is good live is infinately better. Everyone forgets that music is entertainment. If I wanted to look at some dudes standing around and listen to perfectly-played songs, I'd watch a fucking music video.

And you should listen to hardcore. It's good.

Well, I consider real music to be an art form, not just entertainment. It can be entertaining, but I consider good music to be art. And I'm looking at the "moshing" and "hardcore dancing" as two completely different things.

"HARDCORE DANCING" DOES NOT EXIST!! GODDAMMIT, WILL EVERYONE STOP SAYING THAT!!!

And all art is entertainment. Even if you're just jamming by yourself, you're still doing it to entertain yourself, and if anyone else hears and enjoys it, you're doing it to entertain them. See?

The Grimace said:
"HARDCORE DANCING" DOES NOT EXIST!! GODDAMMIT, WILL EVERYONE STOP SAYING THAT!!!

So what should we call it?

Do you seeing painting and sculpture as entertainment?

The thing those gay kids at Atreyu shows do is called "dancing". Don't connect hardcore with it.

You look at a painting, you appreciate it, you enjoy it, and you take the memory of it's unique presentation with you to enjoy later. The artist painted it for this exact reason. How is that not entertainment? And does anyone actually produce art with the intention of nobody enjoying it, not even themselves?

The Grimace said:
The thing those gay kids at Atreyu shows do is called "dancing". Don't connect hardcore with it.

You look at a painting, you appreciate it, you enjoy it, and you take the memory of it's unique presentation with you to enjoy later. The artist painted it for this exact reason. How is that not entertainment? And does anyone actually produce art with the intention of nobody enjoying it, not even themselves?

That doesn't seem to make much sense to me....

If the purpose of all this metal is to give people something to entertain them, then logically, they would want to entertain as many people as possible. So they would make pop. That's what pop is. Something designed to entertain as many people as possible and to make money while doing it.

Oh no....now I'm taking this thread in the direction of the "knowledge of compositional theory" thread. I should stop now.