Mosh Pits

ha. I'm not sure about that one High. But I would assume that back then it was much more serious than now. Mainly today, at all the local shows you see those gay hardcore kids pouncing around trying to be tough for like two minutes and then play it cool when they realize no one else really cares much.

I'm cool with moshing. I ussually gun for the front row, but if I don't make it up there I really don't mind getting caught up in a pit if one breaks out by me.
I am a small guy so I always get owned but at the same time I enjoy it and its an amazing energy release that I can't get anywhere else. I am a very non-violent person in the real world and i think its a postive thing to let out those bottled up agressions at a show. Most moshing is all in the sake of fun rough-housing and is ussually well controled. Accidents do happen and people do get hurt but that is the risk you take.
I only have a problem with the psycho's who jump in the pit that purposely want to hurt someone. "Fuck all yall!"

I got two moshing rules that I think people should follow by...
1. Never intentionally try to hurt someone (trow punches, kicks, headbutts etc.)
2. If someone falls, pick there ass up! (look out for each other ppl)

If you disagree with these two rules, YOU ARE A FUCKING PEICE OF SHIT!

Profanity said:
Is it possible to mosh by yourself or with the opposite sex?

The idea of being curled up to other men turns me off.

aha. That's great. I'm pretty sure there isn't a ban on intersex moshing. But hey, in this day and age anything is possible. Moshing by yourself though..

v. moshed, mosh·ing, mosh·es
v. intr.
To knock against others intentionally while dancing at a rock concert; slam-dance.

That's the definition for 'moshing'. Apparently it includes two or more people.

OctoberEthereal said:
aha. That's great. I'm pretty sure there isn't a ban on intersex moshing. But hey, in this day and age anything is possible. Moshing by yourself though..

v. moshed, mosh·ing, mosh·es
v. intr.
To knock against others intentionally while dancing at a rock concert; slam-dance.

That's the definition for 'moshing'. Apparently it includes two or more people.

Cool find... I never thought that would be in the dictionary.

Moshers scare me!! last month i went to see Fozzy and nearly ended up in one. But then i have another concern at gigs any gigs. Crowd Surfing! now that is dangerous! Some guy kicked me in the head, another punched me in the face and i ended up battered and bruised by idiotic people.

I think if you're out to hurt someone, you shouldn't be at the show. The hardcore kids who INTENTIONALLY try to hit people during a show need to be shot. Same rule applies to the moshers who are just standing there pushing and hitting. To me, good moshing is just moving around to the music and bumping into your friends. It's about having a good time, and as someone else stated reacting to the music. Who's to say you can't mosh AND watch the show anyway? Depending on my mood I'll usually mosh on the heavier songs- if I'm near the pit, then leave and try to squeeze into somewhere with a decent view for the songs that don't have "that" feeling. If you're moshing to a slow song- you're full of shit, and trying to be tough. If you're trying to hurt people- you're full of shit, trying to be tough, and are an asshole to boot. If you're just enjoying the show, you're cool in my book.

Nothing against moshpits, it's people that think they are jackie chain. I want to punk them in the face and tell them to go audition for an action movie. They just do not stay in one spot,etc.. it's annoying getting slapped and kicked in the ass.

I've seen Suffocation twice and they have some of the biggest pits for the entire show, not just new stuff. No one even stopped for one second, I saw some girl walk out of the pit with blood on her face. Acouple people came out and had to sit down near the merch both holding their face and stomach's. Then again this place people are fucking pissed and Suffocation is perfect music for that. While retaining musical integrity which is a plus.

Totally irrelevant really but when I was in college we had to do a presentation on communication in a certain aspect of society and I did mine on Communication Within A Moshpit.

Moshing

Swaying slowly to the acoustic parts in Opeth songs

You may as well put dresses on you fucking fairies!

To badly paraphrase Bill Hicks - 'Women see some correlation between a man's dancing ability and his prowess in bed. If a man is out there on the dancefloor losing himself in the music and expressing himself, what does it matter how good he is in bed, he's gay!'

Erik said:
The Anathema DVD is hilarious, there's this huge moshpit during "Sleepless" and I'm like WTF LOL HOW CAN YUO EVEN THINK OF MOSHING TO THAT SONG

That's hilarious; moshing to Anathema. That'd be like me going to a ballet recital and rushing the stage. Rawk on.

I slow bang to Opeth so I guess I'm going to put on a dress now. Can I borrow someone's mothers lipstick, so I can look really sexy. I prefere some of Bloodspert's mothers, she's one hot hooker with lips blood red. Just tell her to cover her pock marks.