My brother finished his first round of Chemotherapy

Bryan316

METAL... nuff said!
Well. To say this week was stressful is an understatement from hell.

Monday he freaked out when they told him he was installing a mediport in his shoulder (Glenn should know what I'm talking about) cuz to him, it was one step closer to The Matrix or Terminator or Aliens or whatever sci-fi you wanna relate it to. He hated the idea of something foreign being implanted in his body. Well... they beat his ass and installed it while he was in the ass-induced coma. Heh heh.

Tuesday, he popped some Tylenol 3 to ease the onset of the aches and pains, and it pretty much put him out for the count. But a buncha friends showed up, we hung out, I brought him his new guitar, and that helped like you can't imagine. Nurses were expecting a rock concert!

Wednesday, brought him the Xbox, new round of friends stopping by, but he was pissing every 20 minutes cuz of all the IV they kept pumping into him.

Yesterday he was aching cuz of his kidneys, and the Tylenol 3 kicked his ass again. Later in the evening we played some crazy 8's (had to run through the ghetto of Detroit to find a deck of cards) and forced him to eat some food. The whole time, repeating, "One more day to go, one more day to go..." cuz he was going stir-crazy from being trapped in one room for a week. Watched a Pride FC dvd to get his attention picked back up, and stayed far too late so I've been dragging ass all day today.

Today, they made him walk a mile, to get his system moving around, to check if he gets dizzy or breathing heavy, and he had to piss every lap of the hallway cuz he was still overhydrated from the IV. They did the last dose of chemo, he did a final blood test, packed up his shit, and got the hell outta there!

First battle won.

We're gonna get all our friends together, bring all the TV's and Xboxes, and do a huge battle of Halo 2 at my friend's place. He's been itching to blow shit up, and that was the first thing he mentioned when he called me to say they left the hospital. So we'll try to get him feeling like he's back to a normal life.

Well... at least til the next week-long session....

I remember when I had my appendix out, I had to use the bathroom a ton too when I was on IV. Was the most annoying thing ever. Would piss for a long damn time, feel relieved. Fifteen minutes later you feel like you're about to burst.

Glad to see he's fighting and winning the battle!

keep the spirits up! You are a great, loving and supportive brother and family! I'll be thinking good thoughts and positive vibes abound for your brother!

My horns are raised in support of your brother, buddy! Don't stop the fight!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

That's great Brian! The main thing to do is to keep him eating when he is on Kemo. My relatives did not force my aunt to eat and she basically starved to death. I'm really pissed at them. Good for you! I do believe with all your help he will beat the cancer.

Bryan316 said:
First battle won.

Well... at least til the next week-long session....

*big hugs* Bryan, you're doing awesome by helping out your brother so much! That's really touching! I feel for ya, and you and your family are always in my prayers! When the boys here in GR get their shit together, we'll have a giant party! You can come down and play or just hang out! Hang in there, man! Everyone's pullin' for your bro!

~Tammy Z~

Awsome Awsome Awsome,

I am glad that you brother is doing well Bryan. I will continue to keep him in my prayers and he will pull through. Sounds like he has a good attitude towards it, seeing how is is playing video games and kind of making the best out of the situation. Keep fighting the winning battle!

Stay Metal!
saMetal:headbang: