First Quote of the Week!

Personally, got no problem with Ian's drinking. He's a party animal and hella-fun when drunk. I like fun drunks.

When he becomes an angry drunk, THEN I'll intervene.

Until then, I like Drunk Ian! Shit, that boy's liver probably looks like my face, but god bless that lad!

Yeah. Ian's a cool guy. Glad I finally got to meet him. Didn't talk to you at all this weekend though Bryan. I didn't get to meet Nailz either. :mad:

Dude, even with all the socializing I did, I BARELY had three sentences with Bryant, had to hunt Milton down like an FBI agent, and didn't even speak to Pellaz the whole weekend! PAUL! I'M SORRY BRO!!!

This weekend was hella-cool, but STILL hella-busy! Every year, we come thinking we got everything planned. HAH! We need 36-hour days, man....

And I didn't even SEE Zod....

I totally forgot this one:

After being totally ripped on Thurdsay I only wanted water on Friday. So I kept ordering a bottle of water all day.

Saturday still being really dehydrated I walked to the bartender and said, "Bottle of water."

Bartenter replies. "No. Fuck you. What are you drinking?"

-Metal

Girl, I'm surprised I was even able to slip two bottles of water between all my drinking on Wednesday night! I was RIPPED and still somehow managed to avoid the hangover! Thank you Ian and Chris Salinas for reminding me to get a water....

This isn't a quote, but I found it funny.

After ordering a pizza and paying for it at the Vinyl, the female bartender gave me a dirty look because I was paying with a $50 dollar bill (like they don't have enough money in the registers!). She gives me $30 in change for a $15 dollar pizza. So when she came back, I said, "You gave me the wrong change."

She counted it and said, "How much did you give me."

I said, "The $50, remember?"

She says yeah, the counts it again. Then she looks at me with a stupid look on her face. I said, "30 plus 15 is 45. I gave you 50."

"Oh. Ok." she says then goes to the register. She comes back and gives me my change back. I count it and she gave me $40 back.

I said, "It's still wrong," and gave her the 5 back. She looked at me like I was crazy or speaking Swedish or something.

After ordering a pizza and paying for it at the Vinyl, the female bartender gave me a dirty look because I was paying with a $50 dollar bill (like they don't have enough money in the registers!). She gives me $30 in change for a $15 dollar pizza. So when she came back, I said, "You gave me the wrong change."

She says yeah, the counts it again. Then she looks at me with a stupid look on her face. I said, "30 plus 15 is 45. I gave you 50."

"Oh. Ok." she says then goes to the register. She comes back and gives me my change back. I count it and she gave me $40 back.

I said, "It's still wrong," and gave her the 5 back. She looked at me like I was crazy or speaking Swedish or something.

:lol: We had a similar situation with her. I paid for two slices, at $3 each, I believe, gave her a 20 and said keep 2 for yourself. She returned $18 dollars.

So cute, yet so dumb. :lol::lol:

Nick and I were crazy drunk in the room Thursday night and Bobbie was trying to convince him to drink a water. I decided to help Bobbie help convince him to drink the water.

At some point I said, yeah but I don't get hangovers.
Nick: Then, you're .... lucky
Me: Yeah, you say that now, but tomorrow morning when you're feeling like s*** you're going to want to punch me in the head
Nick: No, I won't punch you in the head.
Me: come on, it's good for you.
Nick: Which? The water or the punch in the head?

After telling the Maitre d’ at Front Page News on Friday that my friend and I were there to meet a large group:

“Are they all wearing shirts like you?” :)

lol, awesome!

Girl, I'm surprised I was even able to slip two bottles of water between all my drinking on Wednesday night! I was RIPPED and still somehow managed to avoid the hangover! Thank you Ian and Chris Salinas for reminding me to get a water....

Must've been something in the water this year... I never even got a headache. Of course, I kept *sounding* drunker than I was, but still... here's to no hangovers! :kickass:

And as for how different people enjoy their time at ProgPower... let me know when Glenn appoints an Arbiter of Good Times, and then maybe I'll care what your opinion is. Case in point: Ian's a nice guy and an endless source of entertainment. He didn't fuck with anyone else's good time this year, so really, giving him shit just makes you diminished. /rant over

I was right next to you for this :lol:

First time I met Ian was at the Artmore party when he was hammered n' slurring 'Compy as F...'

He was HIGHLY entertaining, didn't hurt anyone or anything.. and I laughed my ass off

We flew out of Newark on Wednesday and decided last minute to drive down on Tuesday and go see the US Open. Sadly after getting lost in Newark for about an hour because Google Maps around that area sucks (no left hand turns and dividers between the two lanes seem a foreign concept), we missed 90% of the Kim Clijsters & Na Li match but did get to see Marin Cilic whoop Andy Murray.

we missed 90% of the Kim Clijsters & Na Li match but did get to see Marin Cilic whoop Andy Murray.

That was a shocking result...I would have loved to see the Cilic-Murray match! I would like to see Murray do well at a major so that the UK can breathe a collective sigh of relief, but personally, I'm not a huge fan.

Here's another shocking result: Del Potro just took a set off of Federer.

Now back to our regularly scheduled "Quote of the Week" thread!

EDIT: I just started a thread over in the Lounge for further discussion on the U.S. Open. :)

Sometimes, you can write out a quote. Other times, pictures are worth a thousand words.

3920422653_ebdd0f71ab.jpg

Now he has a reputation at the hotel.
This COULD result in the hotel someday saying, "We don't want Prog Power attendees staying here"
I think the situation was funny mostly because the hotels staff and management have changed since the last time Ian was there (last PP I'm pretty sure), but I did try to remind Ian that he wouldn't want to be the one to cause the hotel to tell Glenn, "Sorry, no room block next year." Ian likes to have his fun, maybe a little too much fun :kickass: :puke: for him to handle sometimes, but he's not out to hurt anyone.

As far as some of the other funny things I heard over the weekend:

Wayne upon picking me and Bari (thedelicateflower) up, one in each arm, "Still weighs less than my tech box."

Joakim (?), singer of Sabaton, singing "See my penis rising!" instead of "See the evil rising!" as a result of his "involuntary penis air conditioning" when his pants ripped.

booB (Bob): You've got lots of energy.
lady_space (Shaye): No, I've got vodka.

I know there were many others, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Waiting in line at the Artmore for reservations for next year, someone walks up and asks if that's what the line is for. A few of us confirm it for him and someone else already in line (likely had been for a while) says...

"Are you kidding me? I thought this was the line for breakfast!"

LOL

What I said upon arriving downstairs to wait in line for reservations was: "Oh, wow. THIS is where they serve free breakfast? I had no idea this floor was down here!" :lol:

Dude, even with all the socializing I did, I BARELY had three sentences with Bryant, had to hunt Milton down like an FBI agent, and didn't even speak to Pellaz the whole weekend! PAUL! I'M SORRY BRO!!!

Do I know you?

:heh:

And I didn't even SEE Zod....

How could you miss him? He was singing for Primal Fear! :)

And as for how different people enjoy their time at ProgPower... let me know when Glenn appoints an Arbiter of Good Times, and then maybe I'll care what your opinion is. Case in point: Ian's a nice guy and an endless source of entertainment. He didn't fuck with anyone else's good time this year, so really, giving him shit just makes you diminished. /rant over

And moreover, Ian really paced himself after Wednesday night. To the point where, late on Friday and on Saturday, I was able to say to him "Woah, dude! You're still standing! What's wrong?" :lol: