Quotes of the Week - PPUSA XV

LunaTEKKE

Madness Reigns
Mar 23, 2006
I'm old and forgetful, so figured I'd better post this now. :)

Started talking to a lady in the elevator at the hotel. She asked if I was here for the music festival and I said yes. I asked if she was, and was surprised the answer was no. She lives in ATL, but she was staying at the hotel while restoration work was being done at her home due to a busted water heater.

Quote: "Y'all are SO NICE! I really want to listen to some of y'alls music."

I gave her the info for the fest, and she was going to look it up to see if there were tickets left for tonight. Although now I'm feeling a little guilty, as I should have warned her to bring earplugs. :lol:

We were waiting to check in at the Residence Inn and started talking to a woman in the lobby. She asked why we were there and we told her. She said, "I have heard of you all, you wear black shirts and are really friendly". it is nice when your metal festival is known for its friendly attendees

I'm old and forgetful, so figured I'd better post this now. :)

Started talking to a lady in the elevator at the hotel. She asked if I was here for the music festival and I said yes. I asked if she was, and was surprised the answer was no. She lives in ATL, but she was staying at the hotel while restoration work was being done at her home due to a busted water heater.

Quote: "Y'all are SO NICE! I really want to listen to some of y'alls music."

I gave her the info for the fest, and she was going to look it up to see if there were tickets left for tonight. Although now I'm feeling a little guilty, as I should have warned her to bring earplugs. :lol:

You know she was just saying it for the sake of it, she wasnt really gonna go, so dont feel bad about the earplugs.

Bobbie: "YOU'RE getting laid at ProgPower! And YOU'RE getting laid at ProgPower! AND YOU are getting laid at ProgPower! EVERYBODY GETTING LAID AT PROGPOWER!"

Huh. Apparently, I've been getting ripped off for a number of years now... ;)

-j

I sent a pic of the crowd to a friend of mine, between sets last night. He texted me back, "Long hair and black clothes, is that some sort of uniform? Did you join a cult?"

My response: "Well, I have heard people talking about worshiping the Dio-ty..."

-j

Did anyone write down *everything* that Jon Oliva said? If so, we can post it here and close the thread. :) A couple that come to mind...

"I get paid for this shit, you motherfuckers!"

"Helpy Helperton"

Hoping that more of them will come back to me once I've gotten some caffeine in my system...

Did anyone write down *everything* that Jon Oliva said? If so, we can post it here and close the thread. :) A couple that come to mind...

"I get paid for this shit, you motherfuckers!"

"Helpy Helperton"

Hoping that more of them will come back to me once I've gotten some caffeine in my system...

I can't remember the exact quote, but when he talks about the bandage job on his ribs, he says something to the effect of the bandage shrinking up and making his tits look bigger.

"If you saw me naked you'd never have sex again...with anyone but me." I just about fell out of my chair with that one.

And then there was a quote he used several times in the evening: "I love my fucking job!!!"

My favorite was during Masterplan's set, when the singer was dealing with technical difficulties and walked off stage. Roland Grapow said "looks like we lost another singer."

I can't remember the exact quote, but when he talks about the bandage job on his ribs, he says something to the effect of the bandage shrinking up and making his tits look bigger.

"If you saw me naked you'd never have sex again...with anyone but me." I just about fell out of my chair with that one.

I laughed my ass off with that one! He was full of one liners all night.