Quotes from the weekend:

And I have to hand it to Patrick (The ProgPower Prisioner Pet) who left me totally speachless:
Patrick (with his arm over my shoulder): So, what are we doing tonight, dear?
Me: *totally blank horrified look*
Patrick: No, I mean where are we headed now?

Seriously messed with my head for a minute... :)

Patrick rules.

-Metal

When you have a certain talent of freaking people out or making them think, why not use it eh? Especially against you, since I seem to be one of the only few that can.

When you have a certain talent of freaking people out or making them think, why not use it eh? Especially against you, since I seem to be one of the only few that can.

Well yeah, since we didn't get to use that *other* talent. :Spin:

I was waiting for you to really leave me speechless... ;)

-Metal

(waits for Linda to give her the "no way/ throw up" look.)

nothing to do with PP but I had to share this w/you somewhere
Last night David and I went to see Genesis at the Hollywood bowl. The guys are on top of their game sounding amazing during 'Follow You, Follow Me", great light show a light rain is falling ..a beautiful moment.....except 12 people around us will just not shut the f*&% up!! Totally carrying on full blown conversations.

me "why do we always sit next to assholes?"

David "because we're in public!"

Another reason PP is the place to be, fans actually shut the hell up and listen!:headbang:

The following exchange between General and Mrs. Zod after he caught us whispering together.
Zod: What are you guys talking about?
Mrs. Zod: Nothing.
Zod: Tell me.
Mrs. Zod: No.
.... and so on for about five more minutes. Zod's a persistent muthafucka. LOL.

~C

...not during jon's show...there was alot of chatter going on while he was on stage...

I didn't get it. People flew in from all over the country, paid an extra night at an hotel, paid for a special ticket to the show, all to stand there and talk?

People were treating it like they had just stopped off at some bar to drink and there just happened to be an act playing that night. Nothing special. I had to move from my seat at the bar, to up front by the ticket takers table just to be able to hear Jon talk.

Yeah, I didn't get the talking during the Oliva show either. I know some people come to hang out at PP and not watch bands, and that's totally cool, but it just seemed odd that people would come in a an extra day and pay for an extra show, and then not pay any attention to it. Just my dumb opinion on that, fo course.

And Ian, you were goddamn entertaining. Your interaction with Oliva made the evening even better. Hope you had a good time later that night...:heh:

dt

I didn't get it. People flew in from all over the country, paid an extra night at an hotel, paid for a special ticket to the show, all to stand there and talk?

People were treating it like they had just stopped off at some bar to drink and there just happened to be an act playing that night. Nothing special. I had to move from my seat at the bar, to up front by the ticket takers table just to be able to hear Jon talk.

You know, I LOVE Jon, but... this is the first night for a lot of friends to see each other in a year, and the setup was so that you couldn't really see what was going on unless you were right up front. I've been a Savatage fan since I was 15, but I did not particularly enjoy the show (couldn't see, could hardly hear) and so spent most of the time catching up with people I haven't seen since last year. Sorry if it got in your way, but honestly, I'm not surprised that happened. This festival is a lot about the people too, and I'm surprised there are still people who don't get that. *shrug* Glad you enjoyed it though, and hope it didn't bother Jon.

Shaye

I understand it being about the people. I've spent hundreds of dollars to come each year, even when 85% of the line up didn't appeal to me at all. I still came to see my friends and hang out with them.

And I agree, the set up did not allow people in the back to see anything. That stage is set up for a sit down show, and thats too bad for all of us as we are not a sit down crowd. If I had not been able to move up to the front, I can say I would not have enjoyed the show much either.