First Quote of the Week!

If you knew Ian at all you'd know he's a very good person who likes to enjoy his vacation ALOT. There are plenty of 'jerk' drunks at every show, guys that start fights just cause they can, Ian's not like that at all. He's just having a good time. If it's disrupting yours then deal with it with him instead of calling him out in public.

Actually, I can't stand people who get drunk. It's disgusting!!!

OK, I'm lying. I'm just jealous as heck for all you guys getting to be at PP and having a ton of drinks, while I'm not ... DRINK UP and have FUN!!! :kickass:

I was referring to him not saying anything to people that feel the need to ridicule others in a public place, but don't have the balls to do it to his face. If you've got a problem with his drinking and behavior at a show then take it up with him in person instead of ripping on him here, that's all i'm sayin. He paid good money to go see the show too, as long as he's not doing anything that's physically hurting anyone or against the rules of the venue, then deal with it or handle it with him in person.

If you knew Ian at all you'd know he's a very good person who likes to enjoy his vacation ALOT. There are plenty of 'jerk' drunks at every show, guys that start fights just cause they can, Ian's not like that at all. He's just having a good time. If it's disrupting yours then deal with it with him instead of calling him out in public.

Hell, I'm the guy that carried him back to his room, and I still completely agree with this statement. Ian has never hurt anyone with his drinking at a show that I have seen. If anything, he provides plenty of entertainment to the rest of us.

I met Ian for the first time at this year's Kansas City Power Metal Fest II and to my estimation he didn't actually get wasted until the end of the Friday show when he was talking to Zephaniah's replacement vocalist (Albert from Katagory V). And since he really liked Zephaniah (http://www.myspace.com/zephaniahband) I tasked him to bring this awesome band to Glenn's attention.

Ian, you better keep it together long enough to do that man, you promised! Besides anybody who saw Zephaniah at KCPMF II knows that they pretty much stole the show, no disrespect to all my other friends from the previous bands, but you know what I mean. Now, how incredible would it be to see Zephaniah Live during ProgPower XI with bands like HammerFall and StormWarrior?

At the very least they'd make a great home country Metal representative! Come on Ian, tell'em :)!

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records
Warriors Of Metal Fest III Sponsor

Oh yeah, I agree with what Metalmillitia 2000 is saying. There were at least two people in KC who were monopolizing the entire freakin' floor for themselves as they were spilling beer and kicking and punching the air (mind where you're standing) trying to start a Mosh Pit which I don't think anybody wants, although admittedly it's very easy to start one with Zephaniah's fast paced shredding energy, but was Ian anywhere near there? No! And the next day he didn't even seem to have a hangover so that we had a good 30 minute discussion about how we both love Power Metal and how much he absoloutely loves ProgPower. It is nice to know that there are friends out there who look out for him though! Really, that is very commendable.

Datis

Drew told me after having 3 drinks back stage and becoming a social monster and fun to laugh at,

"Damn Pat, you're the one person I'd recommend becoming an alcoholic."

or the ever popular

"Oh, you're nailz from the forum! I can tell because of your elvenking shirt!"

I probably heard that about 20 times!

+1

Although Ian DID repeatedly yell "Nocturnal Fucking Rites!!" at me last night. :lol:

It's all good; I wasn't about to argue. :)

*Not sure if this has been started so if it has, please feel free to merge/move.

- Drew holding a beer bottle, "Metal, Do you have anything to open this with? WAIT NEVER MIND!"

-Ever had your balls furburted?

-You crushed my cookie!

-"Your son's in school? At 11 pm? Hey, dude, her son's in school right now at 11 pm!" Mike from Circus Maximus

-Where do you live? "Well I live at the Artmore right now!"

-I need a re-fill!

-Was that your hair color last night?

-Cliff-taurus (on the midst of talking about sheep and their sexual organs)

-You're tucking MetalRose in. Awwww.

-The Sabaton guys and the Speach bubbles.

-Shicken! With the beak and feathers!

-Sabaton has our autograph on their arms! "You mean, you have Sabaton's Autographs?" No.

I'll have to tell the speech bubble story a little later when I can take a break here at work.

-MetalRose

After telling the Maitre d’ at Front Page News on Friday that my friend and I were there to meet a large group:

“Are they all wearing shirts like you?” :)

Waiting in line at the Artmore for reservations for next year, someone walks up and asks if that's what the line is for. A few of us confirm it for him and someone else already in line (likely had been for a while) says...

"Are you kidding me? I thought this was the line for breakfast!"

"Man, every time I run into Bill Hudson, it makes me want to shit. Last night I saw him outside, and I had to run to the bathroom. I see you guys now, and guess what? Gotta take a dump!" (Christian, when running into me and Bill)

I'm surprised Metal didn't mention this one already but a bunch of us were eating at the Varsity with Mindflow. Everyone else is eating burgers, hot dogs, fries, etc. when John notices Metal is having a salad. John says he can't believe she came to the Varsity and just got a salad. Without thinking, Gonzo blurts out, "Metal doesn't eat meat." I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. It got even funnier as Metal explained why it was so funny to the singer from Mindflow who immediately got up to get a refill.:lol:

I was at near dead center rail and heard.....

BAnd behind Curtian: Check Check Check
Randon Voice in Crowd: MasterCard
Random Voice in Crowd: Cash
Random Voice IN Crowd: American Express
Random Voice In Crowd: Money Order
Random Voice in Crowd: Visa
Guy Next to me: Visas? No, Sorry those are any good here

In the line for reservations at the Artmore.... (this is a paraphrase as I had had about 2.5 hours of sleep before this).....

Artmore guy - Ok. If everybody would please move up and stand along this wall so you don't block the hallway. We have three offices where we will be taking your reservations.

Person in line #1 - Are you actually going to honor them this year.

Artmore guy - You don't want to piss off this queen who came in on his day off for your benefit

Person in line #2 - I guess we know who's going to be first to get called when they need to bump people next year.

THESE QUOTES ARE KILLER!

Personally, got no problem with Ian's drinking. He's a party animal and hella-fun when drunk. I like fun drunks.

When he becomes an angry drunk, THEN I'll intervene.

Until then, I like Drunk Ian! Shit, that boy's liver probably looks like my face, but god bless that lad!