My prog theory

anonymousnick2001 said:
This thread is funny. :)

I am just start making comparisons just to get prog fans in an uproar. :Spin:

I really think everyone dug my equal sign when comparing.

My dad said this one so don't get mad at me.
Ayreon=Alan Parsons Project

not because they sound alike but they have the same type recording process. That being their is the leader and he has a bunch of guests and their concept albums too.

I like the human equation alot but the other stuff I'm not crazy about. If you guys have any other suggestions I am open because I want to hear more stuff like the human equation. I like APP too but I do not love them. It's kind of indecisive who I like more. I would have to here more of each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngvai X
If I had to pick one band to be call a modern metal version of Queen, its Blind Guardian

True words there. While there's more to SX than Kansas-isms (Accolade, Rediscovery), that parallel is more appropriate than the DT-Rush one. DT is more like nowadays' version of Deep Purple: five virtuosos who aren't afraid to show off like there's no tomorrow, but tend to lose their focus from time to time. Rush never did that.

Yeah, ya got me there. Rush doesn't show off nearly as much as DT. The other day I was thinking of SX as a modern-day Deep Purple. DP was very heavy for their time, they were all pretty virtuosic, and they even had a little bit of classical influence.

Elvis (LoL)​
|​
The Beatles, Pink Floyd​
|||​
Yes, Genesis, King Crimson​
||||​
Kansas, Queen, Deep purple, Rush etc.​
|||||​
Saga, Malmsteen, Rush again, Iron Maiden, and so many else...​
||||||​
Dream Theater, SymphonyX, Pain of Salvation, Spock's Beard, The Flower Kings...​

This tree is a joke, BUT:
I seriously think that band D was influcenced by band C that was influenced by band B that was influenced by band A that was influenced by band A-1 and vice-versa: band D will certainly influence band E which will influence band F which will influence band G and so forth...or probably band F was inspired by band D that was influenced by band C, but band C was inspired by band A and not band B o_O o_O o_O
All the music an artist hear since her/his childhood will automatically influence her/him so I find it difficult to say Symphony X = Kansas nor PoS = KingCrimson IMHO:D

When talking about DT I see lots of Pink Floyd. Mainly on the "Scenes from a Memory" album. They do a great job creating the Pink Floyd style on that one. I see the Rush-ness on Awake a lot.

SarkOfAge said:
Elvis (LoL)​
|​
The Beatles, Pink Floyd​
|||​
Yes, Genesis, King Crimson​
||||​
Kansas, Queen, Deep purple, Rush etc.​
|||||​
Saga, Malmsteen, Rush again, Iron Maiden, and so many else...​
||||||​
Dream Theater, SymphonyX, Pain of Salvation, Spock's Beard, The Flower Kings...​

This tree is a joke, BUT:
I seriously think that band D was influcenced by band C that was influenced by band B that was influenced by band A that was influenced by band A-1 and vice-versa: band D will certainly influence band E which will influence band F which will influence band G and so forth...or probably band F was inspired by band D that was influenced by band C, but band C was inspired by band A and not band B o_O o_O o_O
All the music an artist hear since her/his childhood will automatically influence her/him so I find it difficult to say Symphony X = Kansas nor PoS = KingCrimson IMHO:D

Deep Purple should be with Band C, they were before yes,genesis,king crimson

this has been the biggest waste of time ever. I think only one person actually pointed out that they have metal influences as well.

And matt, why do you say Blind Guardian is the metal equivilant of queen. is it because they are so gay?

"atthecreation: but explain why you say BG is gay
AbrasiveZach: the part in welcome to dying where hansi sings about two guys having buttsex with each other"

theodyssey said:
this has been the biggest waste of time ever. I think only one person actually pointed out that they have metal influences as well.

And matt, why do you say Blind Guardian is the metal equivilant of queen. is it because they are so gay?

"atthecreation: but explain why you say BG is gay
AbrasiveZach: the part in welcome to dying where hansi sings about two guys having buttsex with each other"

Is that really true.