Nargaroth - Geliebte des Regens

MajestikMøøse

Membrum virile
Jul 28, 2003
Not Siberia
This album owns me. Since I got it two days ago I've been listening to it almost nonstop while I've been at home. Its a really slow, drawn out album of Black Doom and uses atmospheric touches to convey its emotion. The English translation of the title is "The Beloved of the Rain". I'm not about to compare this one to Herbstleyd just yet, but its my opinion that this album is equal or better to it. Even at this early stage I think this album may become a favorite.

Anyone else familiar with this one?

EDIT: *does forum search* d'oh. stupid question.

I just got the vinyl yesterday along with Prosatanica Shooting Angels, but havenät got time to listen those yet. Also ordered Rasluka Part II 10".

I've said how great this album is numerous times on here but nobody acknowledged it. I even put it in my top 10 of the "Top 10 albums of all time" thread, I like it that much. Just got the DLP too. It's phenomenal.

This is the one in the multi-folded digi right? I have it but haven't listened to it in a very longtime and can't even remember it. I guess I'll pull it out tonight. Woop/

Herbstleyd is pretty good too, but its more agressive. Rasluka I & II are also quite good but on the slightly more agressive side too. I haven't heard Prostanica Shooting Angels yet but that one is supposedly an "old school black metal" type album and not much like the others at all. I haven't heard Black Metal ist Krieg yet :)eek: ) , but its supposedly a classic.

Nargaroth: Rasluka Part I 10" No Colours Records NC-074
Nargaroth: Rasluka Part II 10" No Colours Records
Nargaroth: Amarok LP (ltd 500) No Colours Records NC-038
Nargaroth: Black Metal Ist Krieg (a dedication monument) DLP (gatefold) No Colours Records NC-043
Nargaroth: Prosatanica Shooting Angels LP (booklet) No Colours Records NC-081 2004
Nargaroth: Geliebte des Regens DLP (gatefold, blue vinyls) No Colours Records NC-065

I have these and I must say they're ok, but none of them is really great in my opinion. I still have to get the live MLP and the debut LP. Raslukas are my favourite.

I've only heard the first two tracks so far but I'm really enjoying this! Are their other albums this good?
Black Metal Ist Krieg is pretty fantastic too, but quite different to Geliebte des Regens. It features a bunch of covers too, of some of Kanwulf's favourite bands. However, the track "Seven Tears Are Flowing To The River" is very much in the vein of GdR and is absolutely fantastic.

The Raslukas are also pretty similar to GdR (well more so than all the other albums, or so I've heard) and I haven't heard the rest.

I listened to "Black Metal ist Krieg" a while ago, and it was quite the turn-off, to be frank. It just seemed so terribly generic and boring. Never checked out any more Nargaroth after that particular "incident". Oh well.

MajestikMøøse said:
Almost two years later this album still rules so much. I mean, god fuck damn cuntbag christ.

Almost two years and I'm bored with this stuff, but so are many others, so it's hard to get anything decent for trade. :Smug:

comic2-817.png