NearFest (Riverside)

urinalcakemix said:
Im not 100% on the song to be honest, I'll try to find it, I guess I wasj ust so turned off by the vocals from the start, it left me with a bad taste..

Yea, whats wrong with Maroon 5?
Nothing, I like them too! :lol: but I thought it was funny you were saying Riverside sounded pansy while listening to Maroon 5 :)

I would love to see Riverside play. I absolutely loved the cd "Out of Myself" so that alone would be worth it for me to see.

However, no plans to attend Nearfest this year.

We're skipping this year. The only band we really wanted to see was Riverside, with the rest either being bands we've seen before (I've seen Ozrics three times, for example), or stuff we're just not interested in. I will miss seeing the progsnobs freak out over Riverside (a faction of the Nearfest crowd only likes obscure prog, and are very vocal about it), and sneer at Mary and I when we wear metal band shirts to the show. That's always a fun time.

Nearfest is pretty damn cool, though. It's well run like PP, is in a really nice theater and has excellent sound. Those who are going should have an excellent time...

dt

DAve,

Don't worry. Scott and Doc will be wearing some metal or smartass shirts for NF. And of course while the prog snobs politely clap...I'm hollaring and throwin da 'orns! Gotta keep it metal right?

I'm sorry we won't get to see you and Mary tho:(

Coldie

Meteornotes said:
We're skipping this year. The only band we really wanted to see was Riverside, with the rest either being bands we've seen before (I've seen Ozrics three times, for example),

--And without Jumpin' Jon....well...he seemed like he was the soul of Ozrics. They're basically an American band now (Brandy Wynne is from Fargo, ND, for example (!)), plus one Brit.

Also, there are rumours on the Erpnotes List of other Ozrics dates besides Nearfest.

...or stuff we're just not interested in. I will miss seeing the progsnobs freak out over Riverside (a faction of the Nearfest crowd only likes obscure prog, and are very vocal about it),

(drily) Noticed that, did you? :D

and sneer at Mary and I when we wear metal band shirts to the show. That's always a fun time.

Damnit, that's exactly what I'd do, too....wear good metal band t-shirts to the show to 'freak the mundanes.' :D :D