New Megadeth Riff Sounds Awesome!

Wow, that really does sound like Megadeth. Does that dude always have that slightly giddier Mustaine thing going on?

Yeah. Kai Hansen is just as nasal as Mustaine. You learn to love it I guess, as I did with both vocalists.

Unfortunately, GR get lumped in with the whole fairyland power metal shite, but along with Blind Guardian, their roots are heavilly embedded in speed metal. I don't care what anyone says, Land of the Free is a friggin' riffmeister masterpiece.

JayKeeley said:
I'd like to see Rude Awakening on DVD, but I aint paying more than $5 for it simply because it's supposed to be atrocious (the quality of playing, more than the live footage). I've always got my eye out for that one - it'll turn up in a bargain bin one day no doubt.
i actually think the dvd is pretty good

ChiefB said:
That snippet sounds great to me - I'm gonna buy that as soon as it comes out.

I have to say one thing about Megadeth, whatever their faults were they never 'sold' out like like Metallica. The sound of Metallica is like Korn and the other nu-Metal bands out there.

I have high hopes for Megadeth.
uhhhhh, ok, all they did was release basically the worst album ever, RISK

yeah man, they sold out. bigtime.

The World Needs a Hero >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> St. Anger

90% of the rest of my CD collection >>>>>>>> The World Needs a Hero

Why would you waste your time with "was-remotely-cool-once-but-now-suck-to-no-end" pseudo-thrash bands like Megadeth or Metallica instead of listening to new great thrash like Toxic Holocaust or Lethal, or old bands that still have it in them to some extent like Exodus or Testament?

Guh? "was remotely cool once..."? When were Metallica and Megadeth ever just remotely cool? No matter how you slice and dice it, they were the leaders of their game.

If Iron Maiden can make Dance of Death, there is hope for everyone making a comeback. It's what gets me through the day. :D