New MLB 2010 thread

I don't think the ratings would sink, a lot of people including myself are rooting for the Rays, they've been deserving a Series for awhile.

You have to win to be deserving, and they're well on their way to losing the first two games of a divisional series in which they had home field advantage. They've had 2 good seasons in the entirety of their history, and that includes this year.

Giants/Yankees would be a good series. I'm rooting for whoever wins the Rays/Rangers series anyway for the AL.

You have to win to be deserving, and they're well on their way to losing the first two games of a divisional series in which they had home field advantage. They've had 2 good seasons in the entirety of their history, and that includes this year.

I honestly didn't expect the Rangers to do this well against the Rays, but their offense is hot while their pitching has stifled the Rays hitters so far. Rangers and Yankees in the ALCS should be an exciting matchup with the offense of both teams being very good, but I think the Rangers might have the advantage with their starting pitching (that's just going by what I've seen in the games yesterday and the Rangers game today, we'll see how Pettitte does later).

Mathiäs;9420320 said:
Giants/Yankees would be a good series. I'm rooting for whoever wins the Rays/Rangers series anyway for the AL.

That would be a nice rematch of the 1962 World Series. The Giants should be able to deal with the Braves, but the Phillies will be a tough challenge. They both have great starting pitching, but the Phillies offense is better. The Giants have only faced Halladay once this year, but they beat him (that was actually his first loss of the season), though throwing a no-hitter in his first post season game doesn't look good for any opposing team. However, they've absolutely killed Roy Oswalt when he was with the Astros earlier in the year. As far as bullpens go, that's no contest, the Giants are stronger.

In other words, it'll be a fun matchup but you can't really predict what will happen. I do think though that the Giants are the only team that has even a chance at beating the Phillies.

I don't think the ratings would sink, a lot of people including myself are rooting for the Rays, they've been deserving a Series for awhile.

Except for the whole "they're getting fucking dominated" thing.

I've always had a soft spot for the rangers... but I'm not sure they'd be able to score runs against the phillies or giants if they made it to the world series, and if they beat the rays they have a pretty good chance, I think... something tells me they'll beat the yankees. :(

I really think it's going to be the phillies... the yankees would have the best chance to beat them but they're so good this year it's crazy.

God, I hate the fucking Yankees. They are like a virus that never goes away. Fucking bastards!!!

& for the record I am not a Rangers fan, but merely someone that always roots against the Yankees, the only team I hate more is the Cardinals.

I really expected the yankees to have trouble against the rangers... but if they're going to give up huge leads like that... not to mention the sloppy baserunning isnt going to fly against the yanks.

After that game, they're in a shit ton of trouble, imo.

The Rangers should have won that game imo, though to be honest I don't have any prior knowledge of how good the Rangers bullpen is. The Rangers can still win though, they still have Cliff Lee yet to pitch, and the only two Yankees starters they really need to worry about are Pettitte and Hughes. Obviously something's up with CC, and with the Rangers offense you can pretty much guarantee a win against Burnett.

On a side note: timmy, fuck yeah

Last edited by a moderator:
If the rangers "should have won that game," they would have.

I'm so sick of hearing about cliff lee already...

He cant win you every game. He can win two in this series, max. And... by the looks of what happened tonight, you better score a shit ton of runs or hope he goes the distance when he does pitch.

CC was definitely having issues, missing his spots everywhere, but I'd also like to point out while the rangers bullpen was sent running for their lives, the yankees bullpen shut the rangers down.

Hamilton, other than that home run, has been shit in the playoffs, and booted a ball in the outfield in the 8th. With first base wide open and he was the winning run in the bottom of the 9th, the yankees didnt even consider pitching around him and the game was over before you could blink.

Like I said earlier, the Rangers' retarded base running also cost them today, twice.

If the rangers "should have won that game," they would have.

As I said, I don't know a ton about the Rangers bullpen but if they're normally solid, then yes, with a 4 run lead (I think that's what it was when Wilson left), they "should" have theoretically won, but the relievers dun goofed.

I'm so sick of hearing about cliff lee already...

He cant win you every game. He can win two in this series, max. And... by the looks of what happened tonight, you better score a shit ton of runs or hope he goes the distance when he does pitch.

Of course he can't win every game, my point was that the game he does pitch you can almost guarantee a Rangers win. He went 7 and 9 innings in his last two games, and he'll have at least normal rest for his next one. There's no reason to not expect he'll go several innings, but of course whether or not he actually does, who knows.

Hamilton, other than that home run, has been shit in the playoffs, and booted a ball in the outfield in the 8th. With first base wide open and he was the winning run in the bottom of the 9th, the yankees didnt even consider pitching around him and the game was over before you could blink.

A guy with a .359 regular season average is still quite obviously dangerous. But I doubt they would have Rivera pitch around most people anyway tbh.

For the record I don't care that much who wins the ALCS, because whoever wins the NL will probably win the World Series.

Fuck,Pirates suck!! But whatever Pittsburgh still owns in hockey and football even though I despise the Steelers and the Pens are slowly dying. And yes, fuck the Yankees. A-rod is an over paid cunt muffin.

There's nothing wrong with Sabathia other than being thrown off of his schedule. Before pitching last night he'd only pitched once in the previous 17 days. I see no reason to suspect that he will not be back to his dominant self should the series reach a 5th game. As far as Cliff Lee goes, he is pitching against Andy Pettitte, who is one of the greatest postseason pitchers in the history of the game. The Yankees have gotten to Lee before and have the best and deepest lineup in the league, so having Lee is definitely not a sure victory. I'm much more concerned about Burnett pitching, though he did win a crucial game two in the World Series last year after the Yankees dropped the opening game.

They didn't consider walking Hamilton because you don't put the winning run on base. That is one of those unwritten rules that makes Dallas Braden rage when broken. But yes, also having the single greatest closing pitcher who has a career 0.72 ERA with 40+ saves in the postseason helps in making that decision.

I still think the Phillies will win the World Series though. Unfortunately. Also, people who hate the Yankees amuse me.

The Yankees are the epitome of what's wrong the game D, you should know that.

Anyway go fucking Giants. If they can score 2-3 runs per game, they could easily win the series. That's not an extremely likely scenario, though. We'll see.

I'm a Yankee hater. Grew up in Brooklyn, all my family are Yankee fans. I can't stand it. Seeing them get their asses handed to them 3 games in a row is great. 1 more game!