new vocalist, new music

No-Mercy

Feanor
Nov 4, 2004
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
Well, we took that last big step to clean vocals. Thank god...

Anyway, got 2 new demo songs up on our myspace...due to funds it was put together in an extremely short amount of time...(try a few hours for recording everything, mixing, mastering...it was one fast session, haha), but i am pleased with the outcome. hopefully it might leave a better impression now the vocals are actually contributing to the songs.

www.myspace.com/steadfastfirst

thanks!!
//greg

WOW! Greg this is a 180 degrees turn, Jeremy is great, the kind of vocal tone I really enjoy in a metal band. And the music sounds very tight and well crafted. I'm now even more sure that Steadfast has a good future ahead, definitively has that flavor of many New Wave of Prog Metal bands (I just created the moniker :D) like Seventh Wonder, Twinspirits, Darkwater. Again you guys are on the right track IMO.

No sweat. We should be thankful actually. If young people like yourselves can come with music like this it means that the good spirit of old school and fresh metal keeps alive for another generation. I'm 42 and most of the bands I grew with or I revere are already gone, not in very good shape or making subpar material. If new blood will come to take over and make music for another 30 years or so, I know I'm covered to my grave :D

Pretty good stuff! Considering it was a quickie demo, the production's pretty good. Songs are quite good too, and as expected the performances are rock solid.

Can't wait to hear more. Now that you've got the new melodic singer, the music is considerably more to my liking.

I have to give a quote from Yngwie Malmsteen when he was speaking about Dream Theater...... "The drummer needs to take a valium."

Greg, I stated you were an elite drummer. I still think that buddy, but the songs sound like they were written around a drum solo. You are overplaying and it shows in a serious way. Use those great skills you have at the right time in the songs, not throughout the whole song.
Even though I am a guitarist and I used a quote from a guitarist doesn't mean I am "guitar oriented." I do not have a musician's ear. I have a "producer's ear" and you are too loud and too "busy" for the songs. Calm it down a little my friend and allow the songs to flow. Use your magic that you have on some fills and in parts of the songs, but don't encompass the whole thing. It sounds like a drum solo with background music.

Bryant

Well, we took that last big step to clean vocals. Thank god...

Anyway, got 2 new demo songs up on our myspace...due to funds it was put together in an extremely short amount of time...(try a few hours for recording everything, mixing, mastering...it was one fast session, haha), but i am pleased with the outcome. hopefully it might leave a better impression now the vocals are actually contributing to the songs.

www.myspace.com/steadfastfirst

thanks!!
//greg

I am not going to edit anything I said because it was all from the heart, but I want you to realize I think the band sounds great with the new singer. I was so pissed off at you for overplaying your part that I didn't compliment you on what sounded good and I am very sorry. I like your new vocalist and I still think you are an elite drummer. I love you my brother. Good luck !

Bryant

I'm really glad you went with clean vocals. I hate how every new metal band has that cookie monster shit sound. I just think its the most irritating thing to listen to.

yea bryant, i hear ya. i think the guitar needs to be brought out more and that might help...the thing i ran into is i hated how so many drummers are so much the background, and that song construction, no matter how different the melody/arrangement, is so repetitive in all music styles because of the drums...i mean, i got tired of doing so many of the same beats and patterns that have become sort of status-quo in metal. we're trying to branch out and actually write the drums as a composition the way guitar, vocals, keys, etc would be written.

we'll see what works...im sure, as songs always do, they will be refined by the time they are "final", so to speak.
thanks for the compliments/criticisms...and everyone elses. they go a long way towards improving what i do.

and whip...yea im so glad we changed. this was what i had always intended...the past style was just something i walked into due to convenience.

yea bryant, i hear ya. i think the guitar needs to be brought out more and that might help...the thing i ran into is i hated how so many drummers are so much the background, and that song construction, no matter how different the melody/arrangement, is so repetitive in all music styles because of the drums...i mean, i got tired of doing so many of the same beats and patterns that have become sort of status-quo in metal. we're trying to branch out and actually write the drums as a composition the way guitar, vocals, keys, etc would be written.

we'll see what works...im sure, as songs always do, they will be refined by the time they are "final", so to speak.
thanks for the compliments/criticisms...and everyone elses. they go a long way towards improving what i do.

and whip...yea im so glad we changed. this was what i had always intended...the past style was just something i walked into due to convenience.
:headbang:again, sounds raw

any way you can mail me a demo?