NIGHTWISH returns to the states in the fall.

Purveyor Of Evil

Heavy Metal, INC.
Mar 17, 2003
Hughestown, PA.
Visit site
According to smnnews.com:

Sonata Arctica - To Support Nightwish On Fall Tour
Posted: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:11:06 +0000
Finland’s SONATA ARCTICA will support NIGHTWISH on the third U.S. leg of the Finnish/Swedish symphonic metal band’s tour to promote the Dark Passion Play album. SONATA ARCTICA will be touring support of their latest album, Unia.

The trek is tentatively scheduled to begin at the end of August and run through the end of September. Final details, including on-sale dates, will be officially announced in early April

I personally hate when bands announce tours like this. Such a tease. So now I have to sit and wait till April to hear. Why don't they just wait to hear the itinerary when its confirmed. Is that so hard?. It makes me think back to the ill fated Nightwish/ Sonata Arctica tour that never happened. I will not be excited until I see it on the Nightwish and Sonata Arctica official websites. Seriously I need to consider myself lucky though living in a major city. I could be living in Siberia I guess.

As I was forced into working after I had actually purchased the ticket to see NW in ATL the last time they were here, it would be fantastic to see them. And of course I couldn't turn down seeing SA again either. What a show that would be.

they are coming here a 3rd time or is this the 2nd stop that got postponed? If its a 3rd time and still dont come near me, fuck off nightwish! :(

they are coming here a 3rd time or is this the 2nd stop that got postponed? If its a 3rd time and still dont come near me, fuck off nightwish! :(

What????? This will be their third, count em 3 times in a year that they have toured the US in support of "Dark Passion Play". First tour Oct-Nov 2007, Second tour May 2008, third Aug - Sept 2008.

I'm sure the reason why Stingray has not yet posted on this thread was because of the massive splooge, leaving him unconscious.

I personally hate when bands announce tours like this. Such a tease. So now I have to sit and wait till April to hear. Why don't they just wait to hear the itinerary when its confirmed. Is that so hard?. It makes me think back to the ill fated Nightwish/ Sonata Arctica tour that never happened. I will not be excited until I see it on the Nightwish and Sonata Arctica official websites. Seriously I need to consider myself lucky though living in a major city. I could be living in Siberia I guess.

Did it ever occur to you that bands don't "announce" tours? Not to mention the possibillity info like this leaking on its own?

Nah, they NEVER toured the US EVER. Every tour they booked prior to the one last fall got cancelled because of Tarja. I don't like Nightwish but they're doing the right thing.

I'll honestly be surprised if they don't do a 4th leg in early 2009 as well. They are pulling large crowds and making damn good money so no need to pull the plug anytime soon.

I saw Nightwish with Tarja in Chicago at HoB a few years ago. You've got me a bit confused here.

They've played one off gigs but they never did a full on US tour before with Tarja. There's a huge difference between your one show (or even 3 dates) and a 2 month tour...

They've played one off gigs but they never did a full on US tour before with Tarja. There's a huge difference between your one show (or even 3 dates) and a 2 month tour...

They did do a small tour in support of "Once" they did like 10 to 15(can't remember excatly how many) dates in Aug and Sept 2004. We saw them at The Venue of Scottsdale(Cajun House) in Aug and it was with Tarja, and i remember they had to send a van to pick her up at the airport, because she flew down to Scottsdale from Denver.

I'm sure the reason why Stingray has not yet posted on this thread was because of the massive splooge, leaving him unconscious.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Anyways, there is already a New Orleans show confirmed at the HOB on Sept. 20th. Also, there is a show in Charlotte at Tremont Music Hall on Sept. 24th.

I am surprised that SA would tour in support of Nightwish because SA has basically become a headliner in their own right. I have the suspicion that this will be a bigger tour than the last two. And, yes, I cannot wait.