No Odd Ball Band this Year Glenn?

Are you aware that Sonata Arctica last album sold more copies in the U.S. than Stratovarius? Their last album sold more copies worldwide than Angra? Are you aware that Sonata Arctica sold a hell of a lot more tickets on their debut U.S. tour than either Stratovarius or Angra? You may not like Sonata as much as either "old school" power metal band, but they have surpassed both in popularity in the U.S. The torch has been passed and anytime that happens, a certain faction of fans of the previous leaders will refuse to acknowledge it.

After Forever is a co-headliner, not the headline on Saturday. The combined billing of After Forever & Primal Fear has a larger status by far than a similar situation in the past (IV- Rage & Evergrey).

I have posted on VS before. They have not drawn more than 50 people at the previous shows in NYC or at Jaxx. They could not headline this festival. Your taste/preference is blinding your ability to look at things rationale from a business perspective.

Thanks for the support though.

Yes, Sonata Arctica is more than worthy of the headline position , as they are blowing up in the power metal field and are one of the most exiting newer bands of the genre. That said, After Forever is still a peculiar choice for a headliner. If you think Vigrin Steele (who I also agree should NOT be headlining due to their lack of drawing power) can't bring in 50 people, how many can After Forever bring in? I know exactly why you chose to have Primal Fear go before AF and I kind of understand your rationale, but in the end I think Primal Fear is the obvious headliner based on drawing power, sales, and noteriety.