To Glenn

Keepwalking

metal head
Sep 11, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
Glenn, I'm from El Salvador and I just wanted to tell a few things. It was big dissapointment to me when I found out about this year's line up. To be honest this is because I don't know most of the bands that are playing this year. Last year me and some friends decided to go even if we had to make great sacrifices to go, I must say that this was one of the best experiences in my life.
However, if the band you chose are good enough to play in Progpower IV, they are good enough for us. We'll be there with out a doubt. We just have some extra studying to do.

In the two short days since Glenn announced the PPIV line-up, I've discovered 3 bands that I had not known of (Secret Sphere, Redemption, and Mercenary). I'm a Sava fan, so I was already familiar with the formation of C2C. I've downloaded tunes from all 4 bands and I'm sold on each and will be picking up their discs soon. Yes, Glenn knows what we like. We just gotta try to trust him and not let our first impressions get in the way.

"Big Name" acts are cool too, but as of now, the EarthLink venue only holds about 1,500 people. Big bands draw at least that much and more every evening on their headlining tours and rake in most all of the profits from those shows. Now imagine that same band having to make the trip to Atlanta and only getting paid roughly 1/5 of what they could have made it they headlined on their own tour elsewhere that night.

This certainly doesn't mean that the big bands don't support Glenn's efforts. Quite the contrary is true. When PP expands to a larger venue that allows for more ticket sales (i.e. more money to pay for the higher price tag of better-konwn bands), perhaps more of the successful veteran acts will appear on the roster. That said though, last year was pretty incredible with Blind Guardian, Angra, and Gamma Ray all on the same bill.

Praise to the European bands who make the trip to play PP USA to build their US fanbase. It's a lot of trouble for them and they probably don't make a mint with their contract. But they believe in Glann's vision and they believe that we the fans will give them a chance to show their worth. Let's hold off on the rants until after PPIV is over. If then you still feel like you do know, then you can let Glenn know. I haven't heard anything bad about any of the prior PP USA events and I don't expect it's great track record to change this year.

Yup, like our friends from El Salvadore said.. a little studying will pay off... I can honestly say the only band on the lineup that didn't do anything for me is Redemption.. not my thing is all.. 9/10 ain't bad.

All that means is a little more shopping time during their set, sorry guys :( but good for the vendors.

As you can imagine, it's not easy to get hold of this kind of music for Salvadorean metalheads. Nevertheless, Ive been doing some studuying on Rage (they rock!!!), Nigtwish, and Symphony X (what else can I say...):headbang:. Any suggestions on another band from this year's roster, and on which of their albums to begin? Thanks.

As my friend Keepwalking says its really hard to get a hold on metal CD here in our country. We are doing the best we can to download or buy cds from the bands that are playing the festival. We're definately going to be there on September.