Norther for a future ProgPower!

Apr 10, 2006
Pawtucket, RI
After looking through their past gigs, I have discovered that Norther has never played on U.S. soil. Well, they're Power Metal, albeit with harsh vocals...

Norther for a future ProgPower! I'd love to see them.

After looking through their past gigs, I have discovered that Norther has never played on U.S. soil. Well, they're Power Metal, albeit with harsh vocals...

Norther for a future ProgPower! I'd love to see them.

I haven't heard any of Norther's new material. I have their 1st 2 albums and are great but they didn't have any clean vocals so that would rule them out of being in PP. Glen stated that any band that plays PP that use's harsh vocals also must have clean melodic vocals too. He'll never book a all harsh vocal band.

if you're going down that road, I'd rather see Children of Bodom than Norther.

Sure, I'd be up for it! In fact, I'm up for seeing almost any metal/hard rock band I've not seen yet. I don't think they're a GREAT band, but maybe they'd be great live? Let's try! I do like the song "Frozen Angel" quite a bit!

if you're going down that road, I'd rather see Children of Bodom than Norther.

I like Children of Bodom more than Norther, but I'd rather see Norther at ProgPower (as CoB can easily headline their own tour. Norther, on the other hand, has never played the U.S.)

I haven't heard any of Norther's new material. I have their 1st 2 albums and are great but they didn't have any clean vocals so that would rule them out of being in PP. Glen stated that any band that plays PP that use's harsh vocals also must have clean melodic vocals too. He'll never book a all harsh vocal band.

There's clean vocals in Frozen Angel. I'm not sure about others because I don't really pay attention to how the vocals are delivered, I just enjoy it as a whole, but I just checked and Frozen Angel has clean vocals...

Bodom at ProgPower? That would be retarded. Bodom sells out larger venues in the US on their own, and its definitely not the right kind of show for them anyway. Seeing Norther would be awesome (though their newer stuff really isn't great) but I don't know if ProgPower is the right place for it.

I'd be up for Norther, I think I'd rather see Wintersun if we are staying with that style. But, another more harsh band I'd love to see over here is Borknagar.

I'd be up for Norther, I think I'd rather see Wintersun if we are staying with that style. But, another more harsh band I'd love to see over here is Borknagar.

If I had to choose, I'd pick Borknagar immediately, and then wish Vortex was still with them.

I'd still like to see Norther do their cover of The Final Countdown at ProgPower! :lol:

Norther would be great, but I'd rather see Kalmah.

CoB are great, but there's no need to get them. BTW, Glenn -did- consider them at one time, waybackwhen. (He also considered Opeth, but they have smooth vox in the mix, whereas CoB......)

EDIT: Borknagar would be GREAT, although their newer CDs aren't as good.....

I agree with Paul on wanting to see Kalmah, but I probably want to see both just as much.

I would have loved to see Opeth or CoB at PP but not now both bands are too big now.

Borknagar would not fit correctly I dont think, but maybe; either way I would like to see maybe at Brave Words or Powerfest if either one happens next year.

Enisferum would be awesome for sure.

Norther playing Final Countdown would be awesome too, but really for me anyone who plays a Europe song is good in my book.

I like Norther and I like their style, but I agree with Paul...Kalmah would be more kickass. Also, if anyone's heard Skyfire, I think they do that same style well too (great keyboard work, etc.).