OLiva's TSO appearance cancelation statement

Kong

Jan 23, 2004
From Jon Oliva:

As many of you now know, a member of my immediate family was diagnosed with a serious illness that forced me to leave the Trans Siberian Orchestra rehearsals. And while I am still unaware of their complete diagnosis, it is obviously impossible for me to participate in the upcoming European Trans Siberian Orchestra Tour. My family needs me here, and that is where I too need to be.

I would also like to express my sincere apologies to all the Savatage fans who were anticipating a Savatage encore at the end of the show. I sincerely wish we could have given that to all of you. But as usual, life is often beyond ones control.

And to those out there who have heard ill-gotten "rumors" about my health...trust me, I am doing quite well thank you! I do appreciate the genuine concern from those that have asked. The Mountain King's got a lot of work left to do...

Thank you for your prayers and please take care of yourselves and each other!

Jon Oliva

Sad to hear Jon and his family are facing this serious medical crisis. Wishing them all nothing but the best. The fans can wait. Family first.