oooh DragonCon has metal!

here ya go Dave...

GregJon.jpg

The bands that return return because people keep turning out to see them year after year. It's just the nature of the beast. I know that last year, when Cruxshadows weren't announced soon enough for some people, even I was getting e-mail asking about their status. Their crowds get bigger every year, and at the end of the day, it's business: the demand is there in increasing numbers, so they play.

I will say that the guy booking bands is making more of an effort to book alternatives for people who don't like/are sick of those bands, for example TTD and Vainglory. Even though I have a vested interest in the more goth stuff due to my track, I personally want to see a metal presence succeed at DragonCon. Hard rock/metal performances just haven't done traditionally well at Dragon*Con, but I am hoping that now that the time is right.

I do not know exactly when Vainglory or TTD will be playing, but this much I do know because I am helping to promote this:

Heaven & Hell Records
will be in the Exhibitors Hall with swag, cd giveaways, and meet & greet times with folks from the metal scene:
  • Vainglory band members
  • Twisted Tower Dire band members
  • Hallows Eve band members
  • John 'Kong' Bunucci - bassist for Overlorde
As well as a BC Rich Guitar drawing at the TTD show!!! :kickass:

we're hoping that this does well enough that Heaven & Hell Records and Pathfinder Promotions will be invited back to showcase more true metal bands next year! So help us make it happen! Demand your metal at Dragon*Con 2007!!! :headbang:

Be happy about bands brining people. It will help get people there to watch the metal bands that are lesser known, and buy their CDs. People really like to spend money at DragonCon.

I was going to go just for the con, before I saw that TTD and Vainglory were playing, making me have to go now.

It's been two years since I last saw TTD, will be great to see them again.

Greetings from Heaven and Hell Records. Finally, things seem to be moving somewhat smoothly. We here at Heaven and Hell have busted our ass to bring metal into Dragoncon and are still working hard on it. We like to thank everyone who’s been involved. Everyone at Dcon has been great and the bands and labels. As well as Pathfinder Promotions for the small bit of help in bringing Overlorde into this. We hope that we can bring something new into the convention and make this better than ever before.
At this year’s Dragon Con. In Atlanta, GA, (Aug, 30-Spt. 3) Heaven and Hell Records will be taking heavy metal into the world’s largest pop culture convention.
There will be promotional giveaways from labels such as The End, Nightmare Records, Tribunal, Massacre, and Sonic Age. As well as Metal Age magazine, several bands and many more. Even a drawing for a FREE BC Rich guitar and other swag.
On location will also be three Heaven and Hell Records exhibitor booths teamed with Exploding Ned’s tunes with a large Varity of heavy metal merch from buttons, shirts, Cds and DVDs. Also at the H&H booths we will be having several meet/greet sessions from members of Hallows Eve, Line of Fire, Overlorde, Graveyard Blvd., Nightmare Sonata, and more. Possibly a couple of nice surprises too.
And to top it all of, femme fatale fronted power metallers Vain Glory and traditional true heavy metal cult heroes Twisted Tower Dire will be performing at the convention.
Heaven and Hell Records wants you to come join us on this crusade!

Greetings from Heaven and Hell Records. Finally, things seem to be moving somewhat smoothly. We here at Heaven and Hell have busted our ass to bring metal into Dragoncon and are still working hard on it. We like to thank everyone who’s been involved. Everyone at Dcon has been great and the bands and labels. As well as Pathfinder Promotions for the small bit of help in bringing Overlorde into this. We hope that we can bring something new into the convention and make this better than ever before.
At this year’s Dragon Con. In Atlanta, GA, (Aug, 30-Spt. 3) Heaven and Hell Records will be taking heavy metal into the world’s largest pop culture convention.
There will be promotional giveaways from labels such as The End, Nightmare Records, Tribunal, Massacre, and Sonic Age. As well as Metal Age magazine, several bands and many more. Even a drawing for a FREE BC Rich guitar and other swag.
On location will also be three Heaven and Hell Records exhibitor booths teamed with Exploding Ned’s tunes with a large Varity of heavy metal merch from buttons, shirts, Cds and DVDs. Also at the H&H booths we will be having several meet/greet sessions from members of Hallows Eve, Line of Fire, Overlorde, Graveyard Blvd., Nightmare Sonata, and more. Possibly a couple of nice surprises too.
And to top it all of, femme fatale fronted power metallers Vain Glory and traditional true heavy metal cult heroes Twisted Tower Dire will be performing at the convention.
Heaven and Hell Records wants you to come join us on this crusade!

THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!! This will be my first dragoncon ever and it's in large part thanks to you guys!

then be sure to tell the Dragon*Con staff when you get there. Or better yet, write them and let them know:

www.dragoncon.org

we need to make sure they understand that Metal has a place in 'pop culture'. :headbang:

Quickest way to have metal killed forever at Dragon*Con is to flood the office with email. Trust me, I know.

But if you feel you have to send an email, be sure and send some and piss off Pat H. and Brenda Tackett. Rock the fuck on.

I got a revised email: Vainglory is no longer scheduled for Thursday and will probably perform on the same night (same ballroom) as TTD. Judging from the rest of the band roster, I'd speculate Friday night.

THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!! This will be my first dragoncon ever and it's in large part thanks to you guys!

Thanks that really means a lot to us here at Heaven and Hell Records. We have been working on this idea since last year. Well, actually it was spawned in 1997. We have been struggling through the past hand full of months to get this pulled off. We submitted the two bands TTD and Vain Glory and finally they were confirmed. With everything else we are doing we hope this will work.
Heavy metal belongs with sci-fi and fantasy. And certainly has made a mark on popular culture the world over. So I hope you all come out for this. Besides I'm losing A LOT of sleep trying to make this a success so I hope it's worth it.
More updates to follow...and working on some surprises too.

then be sure to tell the Dragon*Con staff when you get there. Or better yet, write them and let them know:

www.dragoncon.org

we need to make sure they understand that Metal has a place in 'pop culture'. :headbang:

Please do let them know. Turn it up to 11 and make it heard. Cause if you don't it may go away and not happen again:headbang: :headbang: .

"make sure they understand that Metal has a place in 'pop culture".
I agree sir, good call.