Orden Ogan, my favorite "new" power metal band

KingsGene, I love how you are all over new videos, downloads, etc. Thank you! Very impressive and handy here in the forum when you post them :worship:

A second elaborate music video before the album is even out? AFM must have a lot of faith in this album, and so far, it sounds like it's warranted! If the rest of it sounds this good, it will be coming up fast behind Damnation Angels for album of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/195676 :

German power metallers ORDEN OGAN have released the new music video for the track ‘Masks’.

‘Masks’ is based on motifs of Seeb Levermann‘s soundtrack for Andreas Marschall’s new horror film Masks.

Andreas Marschall commented: "After Seeb’s contribution of the amazing soundtrack for my horror movie Masks, it was just obvious to return the favor and do a clip for Orden Ogan. I think Seeb has exceeded himself with the ‘Masks’ song: he took the great main theme of the movie (in the film this is sung by CRYSTAL VIPER’s Marta Gabriel) and turned it into a melodic metal smasher that combines the horror atmosphere of Masks with the modern, anthemic sound of Orden Ogan.”

Seeb also commented: "Andreas Marschall’s cover artworks are an important part for us since the release of our debut Vale in 2008. Within the last few years we got to know each other better and better. Our appreciating for each other grew and so it became a logical thing that I, as a composer and fan of horror movies, would contribute the film score for Andreas’ Masks movie. Working with him was just awesome and a great experience. By working on the music for the film, the idea came up to create an Orden Ogan song with elements from it too. With Andreas as director of the video clip for ‘Masks’, filming it in the Apollo cinema in Arnsberg (Germany) was very exhausting but also incredibly productive and fun. Now seeing the result, I have to say that that I’m totally blown away. The clip turned out to be very artistic and maestro Marschall has outdone himself. Just killer!”

Watch the video below:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I love everything about what I'm hearing in these clips except the lead vocals. The lead vocals are just not cutting it for me. That said, I still really like it and the group vocals sound great. Think I'll have to pick up that new one.

I've been listening to the album on Spotify for 12 minutes. It is easily the best thing I've heard in a long time. You know what this is? Turisas. But good.

Don't get me wrong, Turisas is amazing live, but studio wise, Ordan Ogan is killing them in their own style.

Heard the name, never got around to hearing any samples. Thanks for the post. I will soon be celebrating their catalog.

This stuff is right up my alley.

I love the fest and this forum. I have been fortunate enough to learn of new bands with you guys.

Thanks Again!!

I've been listening to the album on Spotify for 12 minutes. It is easily the best thing I've heard in a long time. You know what this is? Turisas. But good.

Don't get me wrong, Turisas is amazing live, but studio wise, Ordan Ogan is killing them in their own style.

I don't know if Turisas is the right comparison, though I do like their older stuff. These guys definitely are the new Sabaton, and they deserve all the success they're getting right now. If only they could break through the US market...

Dude, all I meant was a power metal band gaining momentum in recent times. Sigh.

Simon...dont you know Nailz is the human "Metal Archives". Everyone got what you meant but he has to constantly make smart comments to make a name for himself since he really cant add to any discussion of music.

I think this band is really over hyped. I have Eastons Hope and thought it was just decent. It is solid power metal but nothing I would ever say someone has to hear. It would be nice though for them and the genre itself if this does catch on here....but if it did I am sure most people here would suddenly not like them. ( aka Dragonforce ). I say that the CD is pretty cheap on Amazon now if anyone is looking for it.

Trending sales and concert attendance would indicate otherwise.

I was not talking about sales...just the love they suddenly seemed to get. They are decent like I said but nothing super catchy or original. Like Simon posted...they are kind of becoming what Sabaton did....again another band who was interesting for a bit bit now are uninteresting by releasing the same album over and over again. I do hope that Orden Ogan do well and maybe spring board some more power metal acts into the spotlight since it seems that genre is blown by the wayside. Power metal is always the toughest sell for almost any genre of metal.

I was not talking about sales...just the love they suddenly seemed to get.

Could the reason for that be that the band took the next step up and released an album that the majority of power metal fans think is outstanding (evidenced by sales & concert attendance) while you do not consider it anything special?

Could the reason for that be that the band took the next step up and released an album that the majority of power metal fans think is outstanding while you do not consider it anything special?

Well outside this forum, there is little talk of them. When Eastons Hope came out there was zero talk of it here. Maybe at best one small thread no one added to. Once you gave them the thumbs up....BAM! Everyone was suddenly a super fan. I am sure they are great live. They have energy but again...they are not really bringing anything new to the genre, which sure isnt important as long as the songs are good and catchy. From what I have heard of the new one...it isnt as much as people seem to say it is.

Everyone will have their opinion on them. Some will hate, some will love and some like myself are in the middle. I would rather listen to Dreamtale who have the same energy and even style.