Original Dokken Lineup Reunites!! (Yes WITH Lynch!)

I saw this on the Melodic Rock website. I'm not near as stoked about this as I was when Lynch Mob was supposed to consist of Lynch, Logan, Mendozza, and Aldridge. That lineup didn't happen though. :erk:

~Brian~

If I were forced to bet $ 1000.00 on if I thought this would ultimately end up happening or not, I would bet NOT...

-KYF

George%20Lynch.jpg

George looks like a douche with that smoke , totally out of place....Don cant sing anymore = fail

And once upon a time they were my favorite band

Bear

Amazing what the almighty dollar and time will conjure up. Would really like to see this...... 15 years ago.

Who I am kidding, if it happens I'll be as tempted as kid with an unopened present in my lap.

I'll believe it when I see it on Ticketbastards' site.

Dokken used to be good back in the good old days of metal, but now they are just horrible. Don is a total prick and for the last three or four times I have seen them, they have had almost the exact same set list. Sure, Don does not have the pipes that he used to have, but come on. Spice it up a little bit will ya!!!

would love to see Dokken WITH Pilson and Lynch this time...Maybe with Pilson helping Don's vocals, i can listen to him sing this time....

I met Don Dokken in 2006 when Dokken did a small club tour and he was one of the nicest guys I have ever met in my life. I had dinner with him and he talked to me just like he had known me his whole life.

As much as I like him and as much as I worshipped Dokken "back in the day", I must agree with most people here that his voice is really shot and he does not have the chops he used to.

Having said that, if they come anywhere near Minnesota, I am going. I am not going to miss one last chance to relive the glory days - even if it's only a shadow of what it used to be.

Now there's nothing left to say ... ;-)

Never say never, especially when the money is right...

DOKKEN - UPCOMING REUNION OF ORIGINAL LINE-UP "VERY TEMPORARY"

Don: "Years and years ago, I made a comment offhandedly, like, 'You wanna do a reunion tour? I'll do it for this amount of money. It was like a one and a lot of zeros. And that was my price, and everybody said, 'You're crazy.' And I said, 'Well, that's my price, and I'm not gonna do it for anything less.' And now, 15 years later, somebody came up with that price. So I approached George and Jeff , and I said, 'You guys wanna make a shitload of money for about one week of work?' And I told them the price, and I told them how much I wanted and how much they'd make, and, basically, they could make more money in one week than they'd probably make in several years. And so everybody said, 'Okay.' So I said, 'Well, I'll do it on the condition that I don't wanna do it in America or Europe or anywhere else. Just six shows in Japan.' 'Cause we were very big in Japan, and it's just a… It's a reunion tour. So they agreed, and we're gonna do six shows in Japan. We're gonna be playing Loud Park, headlining with the Scorpions. The two headliners are us and Scorpions. We're playing the same night — back to back on two different stages. And then we're gonna buzz off and do five more shows. And it's very temporary."

Kind of funny Don asked the guys, you want to work for a week and make a shitload of money lol, why not, to bad they wont do any US shows but again Don cant sing, it will be all Jeff....

Bear

As much as I loved Dokken back in the day, I wouldn't go see them now if they were playing across the street. Don has no voice and any energy the band might project would seem wholly contrived. I'd rather leave the memories of having seen them in their prime untarnished in my memory.