Overkill - Ironbound is a great return to form

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
So, I was out today with the wife, she getting her nails done, me wandering around the mall. I stopped by Newbury Comics to check out the new release section and what did I find, but the new disc from one of the original and eternally underrated thrash bands of all time - Overkill. It's titled "Ironbound" and hot damned does it kick ass. It's a great return to form considering the last two albums that bordered on the term "sell-out".

I've always thought that Overkill deserved more credit for championing the cause of thrash than they ever got, being one of my favorite bands for quite some time, but this is what I'd have to say is their most complete album ever - it's top to bottom great fucking metal. The "Blitz" is in great form - belting out the lyrics to the opener "The Green and Black" and damn does it sound tight. The production by the band and Peter Tagtgren sounds great. The mix sounds great, the drums pound, and the bass playing of DD Verni is clear and strong. Solos are everywhere on this disc with Dave Linsk shredding up a storm. After the opener it never lets up - the title track "Ironbound" being another standout. Now wimpy assed filler material is to be found.

They are coming to CT in April I think - I will be going to see them as I've never been disappointed at an Overkill show. Truly a great live band to see.

This will be in my top albums of the year I'm sure of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this albums on my "to buy list" when the funds are there! Killer production too, really one of the top albums ive heard of recent!

And Bobbys vocals kill on this album!

By the way - I also picked up "Shovel Headed Tour Machine", the new Exodus DVD as well - getting ready to pop that into the DVD player and thrash out. :headbang: