Overkill - "Ironbound"

Melisan

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
I had long overlooked these guys as not having much different to offer the thrash scene. So when I saw Blabbermouth give them a 9.5, I said ok, let's give it a try. One song is on their MySpace page, I'll let you guess how I sampled the rest.

Holy freakin' hell. :worship: This is some fantastic old school thrash. Incredible. Not a single throw-away in the lot. Blitz manages some amazing screams for a guy pushing 50 (eat your heart out, Mr. Araya).

Seriously, check this album out. It's killer. It finally got me to stop playing Slayer's latest.

ive been friends with those guys since i was 15 when i got to open up for them in ny..... i did merch on their last tour when my boyfriends band 'warbringer' was opening for them...31 days of nothing but overkill,it was awesome and i was front row every night! :)
as a matter a fact my johnny leaves in four days to open up for them again on the upcoming overkill tour that starts on april first in my home town of philly :) i wish i was going to be there...

but yea... dude bobby and dd. untouchable. great performers. luv em.

Rotten to the core!:worship:

they are one old skool band..their releases remind me of Motorhead and AC/DC...you know what your getting. And I'm saying that as a good thing.

Ironbound is a killer album, best they've done in recent years. Can't wait to see them next month. I'm thinking about going to that 25th anniversary show in NYC, if I can save up some money.

Electro-Violence!

Overkill is one of the most underrated bands ever. They are one of the
few bands that defined thrash. I'm die hard fan of them. Ironbound is
amazing. I'm glad at least with it they got some credit. Years of Decay,
Horrorscope, Fell the Fire are all classic albums. From Underground and
Below, Necroshine and Kill Box 13 are my faves from 90's and 2000s.
Years of Decay is one of the few albums that is 100% for me. DD Verni
and Bobby are Overkill . They lost their important members in the past
but the gitarist they have now , Dave and Derek, they are both very
good. I can't wait for the killfest next month.

Love the album. I gave it 8 on 10.

Can't fucking wait for April 20th to interview Bobby Blitz and see them fuck shit up at the House of Blues with Vader, Evile and fucking Warbringer!!!

:Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin::Smokin: