Pain of Salvation - In The Passing Light Of Day

Yeah, I knew they were working on a new album but this is the first I've heard about the title and release date as well. Looking at their social media there is no such info being released there, weird. Anyway, really looking forward to it.

The information was released along with the information on the Remedy Lane re-release.

However, Daniel also marketed a release date for this year, which apparently is not the case.

Legitimately the best 33 seconds I've ever heard.
You're fanboying pretty hard, man. I mean, it gives me some hope, but...that snare sound meh.

I stopped listening to Haken to listen to this and I'm just going to say that PoS has a high bar to clear to take the title back from their younger competitors.

I'm going to try to be optimistic, though. The bits of actual tune did sound appealing.

PAIN OF SALVATION - IN THE PASSING LIGHT OF DAY ALBUM DETAILS REVEALED; TEASER VIDEO STREAMING

"...Working together with acclaimed producer Daniel Bergstrand (In Flames, Meshuggah, Strapping Young Lad, etc.) at Dugout Studio in Sweden, the band have crafted an album that sees them returning to their much praised heavier sound, featuring the syncopated rhythms, glorious melodies, and intensely personal themes that Pain Of Salvation fans have long loved about the band.

Inextricably linked to the near fatal illness that band-leader Daniel Gildenlöw spent much of the first half of 2014 recovering from, the album is an altogether darker and more impassioned journey. Taking the hospital bed as a narrative hub, the lyrical and musical themes touch on all the conflicting feelings that run through a person's mind when presented with the prospect of death and the passing of life.

Gildenlöw comments: "What started off as an annoying infection has, in just hours, suddenly pivoted into the very real possibility of my actual dying." That's not to say, however, that all this record presents is blackness. "This album also shows the beauty of the transition, of the inevitable. And of the hope of a tomorrow, the hope of change, no matter how frail and naive that hope may be."

....The album will be available as a special edition 2CD Mediabook (including expanded 48-pages booklet, several in-depth texts by conceptual author Daniel Gildenlöw, demo material & band commentary tracks), standard jewelcase CD, gatefold 180g 2LP vinyl plus album on CD as bonus & digital download....Look out for the launch of the album's first single/video on November 18th...."

painofsalalbumnov.jpg

surprised no one has posted it yet, but here is a new song from the upcoming album

Oh yeah, awesome! PoS is back lads.

Not blowing my skirt up. The incredible strength of their past material is the only thing that makes me even have a glimmer of hope here.