16 - Kansas City, MO, The Riot Room
18 - Chicago, IL, Reggies
19 - Detroit, MI, The Token Lounge
21 - Toronto, ON, Mod Club
22 - Quebec, QC, Le Cercle
23 - Montreal, QC, Le Tulipe
24 - Buffalo, NY, Iron Works
26 - New York, NY, The Marlin Room

I want to like this but not happening yet. After seeing Remedy Lane played at PP - nothing they do will ever touch that performance. Literally the best concert experience I have ever witnessed. Perfection.

Brand

Imagine my surprise when I went to the mailbox yesterday and "In The Passing Light Of Day" was sitting there waiting to be unwrapped and loved like a broken child! I've been through it twice and it definitely belongs up there with their best...very strong comeback disc. Not on par with Remedy Lane, but then again, what is?
Heavy! The drums are powerful! The guitars are downtuned and the pulse of this disc is throbbing with anger, seething within itself. The songs are for the most part a twisting undulating serpent of prog goodness, and Daniel sounds very godlike here! Its nice to hear some different things from the norm, and blondie's background vocals are prominent but nowhere near as prominent as they were in "Meaningless". Not sure how I feel about him as a singer, but he doesn't take anything away from the songs, so that is a good thing.
Every song stands on its own, from the crunchy beginnings of "On a Tuesday" and the seething anger of "Tongue of God", the touching "Silent Gold" and that old familiar POS quirkiness with "Reasons".The powerful guitar solo on "Angels of Broken Things" surprised me with its heaviness,as did "If This Is The End" from start to finish The last song on the disc, "The Passing Light Of Day" is poignant and a fantastic way to end this disc, but it has a few twists along the way too. At 15 minutes, it closes out the disc in a very emotional way.
Run to the nearest store if you've been a fan of Pain of Salvation at any point in their career. This disc has shades of everything that they've ever done but stands on its own as a beast to be reckoned with!
Welcome back to the big leagues guys!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that "The Passing Light of Day" is the most powerful song that I've ever heard. This song has almost brought me to tears a few times already in the 36 hours since I first received this disc

Well for those fan boys I can see this been an improved album but it is not great at all. I would like to say that half of the album is good the rest no so much. Be aware before you buy it. And yes there are good songs but again I'm not impressed. The 15 minutes song doesn't start until 7 minutes of playing then stop around 12 and the final minutes are just BS. Don't jump on the wagon yet. I felt the same way the first time I listen to the Dream Theater latest crap.

Well for those fan boys I can see this been an improved album but it is not great at all. I would like to say that half of the album is good the rest no so much. Be aware before you buy it. And yes there are good songs but again I'm not impressed. The 15 minutes song doesn't start until 7 minutes of playing then stop around 12 and the final minutes are just BS. Don't jump on the wagon yet. I felt the same way the first time I listen to the Dream Theater latest crap.

Disagree. Album is amazing. I haven't liked their stuff since Be, so you can't use the fanboy insult on me.

Disagree. Album is amazing. I haven't liked their stuff since Be, so you can't use the fanboy insult on me.
We can agree or disagree. It is my opinion and people can have their own. By the way, I do have all early albums and this one like I said is an improvement. It can't be compared to early works. And before people start saying 'yes old days are gone this is who they are now' you can buy your copy and have fun. I'll pass on it like I did with latest Dream Theater and Circus Maximus. Can you handle the truth? LOL

We can agree or disagree. It is my opinion and people can have their own. By the way, I do have all early albums and this one like I said is an improvement. It can't be compared to early works. And before people start saying 'yes old days are gone this is who they are now' you can buy your copy and have fun. I'll pass on it like I did with latest Dream Theater and Circus Maximus. Can you handle the truth? LOL

Interesting that you think we're all entitled to our opinions, but then go around saying people are fanboys and can't handle the truth. Yeah mate, well done.

I'm with MelbCro on this one. It has nothing to do with being a fanboy. The truth is, this is going to contend for cd of the year. I have not been a fan of Scarsick or either RoadShit albums, and this cd is leaps and bounds ahead of the recent era. It's too early to compare this to the 1st four for longevity, but as a fan I will say...

1. Remedy Lane
2. The Perfect Element Pt.1
3. In The Passing Light of Day
4. One Hour By The Concrete Lake
5. Entropia
6. Be
7. Scarsick
8. Falling Home
9. Road Salt 2
10. Road Salt 1

I'll pass on it??? Curious statement, this. If you have heard it and can review it that tells me that you are passing on PURCHASING IT!?! Way to support your artists there pal.

Can you handle that truth?

I heard a promo smart guy. Do you know what that is? Stop making assumptions without facts mate. My cd collection is over 2,000 cds , I support is my second name. Now back to you, can you handle the truth? AND YES I'LL PASS ON IT. Do you want me to repeat it again smart guy?

Interesting that you think we're all entitled to our opinions, but then go around saying people are fanboys and can't handle the truth. Yeah mate, well done.
Are you
Too sensitive mate? Did I offend you? To my point again, can you handle the truth? lol