Pelican is the cat's ass

i don't know why people hate their live show so much! they were spot on and pretty energetic! daughters also blew that night. i heard everyone loves daughters and hates pelican in a live setting, so maybe it was a fluke??? i'm seeing them next week so i will know for sure whether people are crazy or they were just having an on night

I'm not a huge fan myself. But hell it's a Friday and I wouldn't mind getting tipsy to some tunes.

Damnit to fuck, if only I had Friday's off nowadays, I wouldn't be such a bitter cunt. Anyhow, Autumn Into Summer is one of the gayest (joyful, not cumsippin) instrumentals I've ever feasted on. Holy goat farm this is as immense as a gaping a-hole awaiting a putted titlist set into motion by the almighty Ali Woods. Need to purchase Australasia now! :worship:

Never did go to that gig BTW.

Most of the time I find myself wishing they had named themselves Australasia instead of Pelican. I will never understand why great bands sometimes choose such dumb names. I call this the "YOB complex" (who I still have not heard).

Damnit to fuck, if only I had Friday's off nowadays, I wouldn't be such a bitter cunt. Anyhow, Autumn Into Summer is one of the gayest (joyful, not cumsippin) instrumentals I've ever feasted on. Holy goat farm this is as immense as a gaping a-hole awaiting a putted titlist set into motion by the almighty Ali Woods. Need to purchase Australasia now! :worship:

Never did go to that gig BTW.

All of Fire In Our Throats is amazing. Not sure why they decided to take a massive dive and record City of Echoes. Whatever.

I haven't listened to this band in years.

They bored the tits off of me back then.

Have two albums, might try them again.

The first one and australasia are awesome. Fire in throats and city of echoes are good.

The latest one is just ok to boring....forgot the name

The first one and australasia are awesome. Fire in throats and city of echoes are good.

The latest one is just ok to boring....forgot the name

City of Echoes is garbage. It has possibly the worst drum performance in recorded history.

yeh when i saw pelican live several years back the drumming was definitely a bit sloppy and sub-standard for an international touring band that's been around since 2001

Australasia is still one of the best albums in my collection.

I dont know if thats saying much, after all, i have Still Life

saw em a few months ago with Tombs and they were really tight. probably better than when i saw em around 6-7 years ago. only recognized about 2 songs though.

Im not big on the new stuff. City of echoes was the last one i enjoyed. I saw them with tombsand isis years ago. Great show